TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Best in the series! Snow Falling on Bluegrass by Molly Harper

I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

Best in the series! Snow Falling on Bluegrass by Molly HarperSnow Falling on Bluegrass by Molly Harper
Series: Bluegrass #3
Published by Pocket Star on September 22nd 2014
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: eARC
Source: Netgalley
four-half-stars
Amazon | Audiobook | B&N | Goodreads
Parks & Recreation meets The Blue Collar Comedy Tour in this third ebook in Molly Harper’s Bluegrass series of contemporary romances: A love triangle of colleagues heats up the winter lodge where they get snowed in for a week.

Kentucky Tourism Commission employee and executive assistant extraordinaire Kelsey is known around the office for having everything under control. So it’s not surprising that she and her boss, Sadie, have everything planned to the second for the office winter retreat. But there are things even Kelsey can’t micromanage.

An unprecedented snowstorm smothers half of Kentucky and knocks out the power, closes the roads, and generally shuts down the state. Luckily, the lodge has working fireplaces and enough food to keep the staff from turning on each other like something out of The Shining. Kelsey wouldn’t mind being stuck inside if it wasn’t for the tension with her not-so-secret crush, Charlie, the office’s statistician. But handsome Ranger Luke, the lodge’s only employee on hand, is there to take Kelsey’s mind off her discomfort.

Even though this weekend is supposed to be a planning session for KTC, Kelsey can’t help her mind from wandering and finds herself conflicted over Luke and Charlie. Someone’s love will keep her warm, but whose will it be?

First Thought:

I knew I was going to love Kelsey’s story!

The Story:

Kelsey and Charlie’s story reminded me a little of Pam and Jim on The Office but with Molly Harper’s flare.

Kelsey has been dating this looser for a few years while having a crush on her coworker and friend Charlie. Everyone has told Kelsey over and over that she deserves better than Darrell (the looser boyfriend). After three years of taking Darrell’s crap, Kelsey decides she is going to make their latest breakup stick. But Kelsey doesn’t tell anyone that they broke up and a few weeks later. She’s afraid of having people tell her “I told you so” or have them looking at her with petty.

Charlie is the geeky yet sexy the office’s statistician. He great with math and statistics but not so great with social skills. But Kelsey has been his friend and bridge between others in the office, helping Charlie get their jokes. Lately Charlie has been running hot and cold with Kelsey and she doesn’t know why and it has really hurt her feelings.

Once the couple and the rest of the office gets snowed in during a freak ice storm while at a lodge for a team building weekend. That’s were things really start getting interesting for the group. And for Kelsey and Charlie, not to mention their host for the weekend the sexy park ranger, Luke.

Final Thought:

I really hope that Ranger Luke gets his own book. He was yummy and I want him to get his own HEA.

Recommend:

I highly recommend SNOW FALLING ON BLUEGRASS by Molly Harper to people that love reading about quirky heroines and sexy geeks while getting hot and bothered in a pillow fort.

About Molly Harper

Molly Harper

Molly is the author of the Jane Jameson series, which includes Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs, Nice Girls Don’t Date Dead Men, Nice Girls Don’t Live Forever and Nice Girls Don’t Bite Their Neighbors.

Molly continues stories in the Jane Jameson universe through her Half-Moon Hollow series, Driving Mr. Dead, The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires, Undead Sublet, and A Witch’s Handbook of Kisses and Curses. Undead Sublet is a short story in The Undead in My Bed anthology. A Witch’s Handbook of Kisses and Curses and a special free audio holiday novella, I’m Dreaming of an Undead Christmas and the upcoming The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire.

Molly also writes about werewolves in her Naked Werewolf romance series, How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf, The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf and How to Run With a Naked Werewolf.

Her first-ever “haunted house story,” Better Homes and Hauntings, will be released in June 2014.

Molly will launch her first-ever contemporary romance series with My Bluegrass Baby, Rhythm and Bluegrass and Snow Falling on Bluegrass.

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/09/best-in-the-series-snow-falling-on-bluegrass-by-molly-harper/#comment-51437