TheBookNympho

Length: 14 hrs and 2 mins
Source: Purchased
four-stars
Audiobook | Goodreads
Jane Yellowrock is a shape-shifting skinwalker who always takes care of her own—no matter the cost...

When Evan Trueblood blows into town looking for his wife, Molly, he’s convinced that she came to see her best friend, Jane. But it seems like the witch made it to New Orleans and then disappeared without a trace.

Jane is ready to do whatever it takes to find her friend. Her desperate search leads her deep into a web of black magic and betrayal and into the dark history between vampires and witches. But the closer she draws to Molly, the closer she draws to a new enemy—one who is stranger and more powerful than any she has ever faced.

I was going to make this a ‘Tweet It’ review but I could not sum up my thoughts within 140 characters. So here’s my longer version of a ‘Tweet It’ review.

First Thought:

Ricky Bo is a bag of dicks!

What worked:

The action. The story. The writing. The narration.

I love this series and Faith Hunter has built a great world with a kick ass heroine with Jane and her Beast. I might now always like the romance parts of the series but everything else is stellar.

What did not work (for me):

Molly, Jane’s best friend, someone like a sister to her is missing and possibly in trouble/danger and yet I felt like for Jane that Molly was an afterthought. She spent more time worrying over the current vampire issues than saving Molly. Oh sure Jane’s new team of the Younger brothers was working to save Molly but Jane should have been more involved.

I’ve never liked Leo and I wish Jane would just stake him already.

Narration:

Khristine Hvam  continues to make this series a real enjoy to listen to. I love her voices for and one I really enjoy but don’t get to hear a lot of is Angie Baby I was so happy that Angie was around in BLACK ARTS.

Final Thought:

I can’t want for BROKEN SOUL.

About Faith Hunter

FaithHunter1Small

Faith Hunter, fantasy writer, was born in Louisiana and raised all over the south. Her Jane Yellowrock urban fantasy series features a Harley-riding, leather-wearing, Cherokee-Skinwalker vampire killing machine. The series begins with SKINWALKER, and continues with BLOOD CROSS, MERCY BLADE, RAVEN CURSED, DEATH’S RIVAL, BLOOD TRADE, and the upcoming BLACK ARTS.

Faith’s Rogue Mage novels – BLOODRING, SERAPHS, and HOST – feature Thorn St. Croix, a stone mage in a post-apocalyptic, alternate reality, urban fantasy world, and is the basis for the Rogue Mage roleplaying game. And under the pen name Gwen Hunter, she writes action-adventure, mysteries, and thrillers. Altogether, Faith/Gwen has 20+ books in print in 28 countries.

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/09/aunt-jane-black-arts-by-faith-hunter/#comment-45462