TheBookNympho

Pages: 304 pages
Source: Netgalley
five-stars
Amazon | Audiobook | B&N | Goodreads
Veterinary intern Emily can’t believe she wound up in the small town of Sunshine, Idaho, instead of the Los Angeles clinic she had always imagined. Now she has to put her plans to move to L.A. on hold for a whole year while she fulfills the obligation of her vet school scholarship.

Then Wyatt, her gorgeous one-night stand from a Reno vet conference, introduces himself as her new boss. And Emily is just as drawn to his seductive looks and quiet strength as she was on that very steamy night. She soon learns that Wyatt isn’t just a laid-back doctor, but a delicious alpha male tempting her away from her carefully laid-out plans...

Then Came You is the fifth book in Jill Shalvis’ Animal Magnetism series and the second book of hers that I’ve read. So why did I skip ahead to book five? I’ve been seeing other readers raving about how this was their favorite installment in the series so far. Even though I’m not one to read series out-of-order, I figured I could jump into Then Came You with no problems. And I was right! It read great as a stand alone. I know I was missing back stories on the other couples but I was not lost.

The Animal Magnetism series features men and women who are animal lovers. In Then Came You, we get to see Emily and Wyatt, two vets fall in love. They shared one night of passion a few months ago at a Reno vet conference and are thrown back into each other’s lives when Emily travels from Los Angeles to the small town of Sunshine, Idaho. Why would a city girl like Emily take an internship in Sunshine? Well she really didn’t have much of a choice after the internship in LA was already taken by another student.

Wyatt is the smoking hot vet that loves wearing t-shirts with funny sayings like,  “Vets Do It With a Lot of Heavy Petting.” And trust me there is some heavy petting between Emily and Wyatt. Wowzers. Wyatt has a way with the animals and women of Sunshine. He can use his coasting words and alpha voice to get any female (furry or not) to melt in his hands. Seriously every single woman in Sunshine belongs to his Casserole Brigade, showering him with food in hopes of getting a little something back in return. But Wyatt has been burned in the love department and guards his heart. Emily also is gun-shy about relationships after having a few bad ones herself. But they find themselves not being able to say no to each other.

While Emily and Wyatt are a great couple and it was a pleasure seeing them fall for each other, I’ve got to give a shout out to their crazy family matters. What a great cast of secondary characters. Emily didn’t come from LA alone, her big sister Sara came with her. She’s a hoot and a half. Sara is fresh from a breakup of her own and wanted to get away from her life and start a new one.

Wyatt has two sisters and Darcy, the youngest, is a real wild child and gives Wyatt (well, everyone) hell. And not too far behind her is the other sister, Zoe. There were some great scenes between the three. I have a feeling we’ve not seen the last of Darcy and Zoe. I can practically smell their Happily Ever Afters coming.

Jill Shalvis does an amazing job making you fall for her characters in Sunshine, Idaho. Then Came You is a sweet, sassy, heartfelt and sexy small town romance that makes me want to move to Sunshine and seek employment at Belle Haven so I can be besties with the feisty women and swoon over the sexy men working there.

Review 1st published at RomanceatRandom.com

About Jill Shalvis

JillShalvis

New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis lives in a small town in the Sierras full of quirky characters. Any resemblance to the quirky characters in her books is, um, mostly coincidental. Look for Jill’s bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold and visit her website for a complete book list and daily blog detailing her city-girl-living-in-the-mountains adventures.

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/09/then-came-you-by-jill-shalvis