TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

I Stay Up to 3am to Finish One Night More by Mandy Baxter

I Stay Up to 3am to Finish One Night More by Mandy BaxterOne Night More by Mandy Baxter
Series: U.S. Marshals #1
Published by Zebra on September 2nd 2014
Genres: Contemporary RomanceRomantic Suspense
Format: eARC
Pages: 352 pages
Source: Netgalley
four-stars
Amazon | B&N | Goodreads
Savvy, hard-riding, rule-breaking—they’ll go anywhere and do anything it takes to protect and serve. But this U. S. Marshal has just met his match—and playing for keeps is one sizzling game…

Getting saved from disaster by a handsome stranger—Harper Allen has no problem with that. But when he leaves without a word or a clue to his real identity, the newbie reporter writes it off as the best one-night-stand she’ll never have again. Until a year later, when Harper comes face to face with the man assigned to hide her from a senator’s killer…

Galen Kelly hasn’t forgotten a single sensual minute of his night with Harper . . . or that she betrayed him. But with the FBI also on their trail, he’s got to pretend he’s never met her or risk both their lives. But as danger closes in, Galen may not be able to protect himself from taking the biggest risk of all…

Must-Read Well-Written Smexy2

I have not stayed up to 3 am to finish a book in a LONG TIME. But once I got sucked into Mandy Baxter’s ONE NIGHT MORE I had to finish it.

Quick Summary

Harper and Galen meet in bar one night. She’s there to celebrate finishing her degree in journalism and Galen is there having a drink with his best friend and fellow U.S. Marshal, Landon before he heads over to France for a year-long assignment. Galen saves Harper from a creep at the bar and ends up going home with her. After a misunderstanding Galen leaves Harper’s bed before she wakes leaving her wondering what she did wrong.

Then they are thrown together a year later in a surprising way. Galen has been assigned to protect Harper after she witnesses a murder.

The Romance

Smoking!

Galen and Harper can’t get that one night from a year ago out of their minds. Yes that night together was that good! Galen thinks that Harper lied to him that night and used him. Harper thinks that Galen is one of those guys that has some many one night stands that he doesn’t even remember her when he sees her again.

These two have some serious chemistry and not just in the bedroom (although O.M.G! is that bedroom action HOT). The banter between Harper and Galen is some of the best romance banter I’ve read in a while in a contemporary romance.

Between the sexual tension, banter and danger Harper and Galen is a smoking couple to read about.

The Suspense

ONE NIGHT MORE had just enough suspense that even die hard romantic suspense fans will be satisfied.  With the suspense and mystery was balanced perfectly with the romance for me.

Final Thought

How can you not like a heroine that’s a comic book nerd and a huge fan of Supernatural?! And of course a sexy U.S. Marshal didn’t hurt this romance at all. I can’t wait to get my hands on book 2, ONE KISS MORE. I just know that Landon’s story is going to be great!

Fun Scene

“Yeah, the guys on Supernatural are smoking hot. Would I stop watching if Dean Winchester walked around in his tighty whities every episode? Hell, no. ” (Harper)

“You don’t watch that show and think about all of the ways you’d defile those smoking hot demon hunters?” (Galen)

“I watch it for the world building.” (Harper)

About Mandy Baxter

View More: http://kminterphoto.pass.us/mandy-bonilla

Mandy Baxter lives in rural Idaho. She’s a part-time pet wrangler, a full-time sun worshiper, and only goes out into the cold when coerced. She loves black clothes, pink appliances and thinks junk food should be a recognized food group. In the summer, she can be found sitting by the lake, enjoying the view from her dock.