TheBookNympho

Pages: 385 pages
Source: Publisher
five-stars
Amazon | B&N | Goodreads
Once the night comes . . .

Will Thorne is living a nightmare, his sanity slowly being drained away by a force he can't control. His talents have made him the perfect assassin for hire. But as he loses his grip on reality, there is no calming him—until he finds his next target: the mysterious Holly Evernight.

Love must cast aside the shadows . . .

Holly cannot fathom who would put a contract on her life, yet the moment she touches Will, the connection between them is elemental, undeniable—and she's the only one who can tame his bouts of madness. But other assassins are coming for Holly. Will must transform from killer to protector and find the man who wants Holly dead . . . or his only chance for redemption will be lost.

Kristen Callihan’s Dark London series have all been 5 star reads for me and EVERNIGHT is no different! I don’t give out many 5 stars and to have a whole series with 5 stars is really saying something!

It’s hard to pick out my favorite book/couple. Before reading EVERNIGHT, Jack and Mary from SHADOWDANCE was my favorite couple but now they are tied with Holly and Will.

Holly and Will’s story starts near the end of SHADOWDANCE where they are both kidnapped by an evil and crazy fallen Angel. They manage to get rescued and when EVERNIGHT starts it’s been a year. They are both dealing with the horrors that happen in that basement. The horrors that Holly saw and was made to be a part of and the horrors that Will had done to him.

Will is out for blood… Holly’s blood.

As two together to fix Will’s problem due to the experiment that was done to him involving a clockwork heart that has gone bad. Like him loosing his mind while his skin turns into platinum. Yeah that’s a little weird but Holly is a mental elemental so there are some interesting scenes with the two when she is “healing” him with her powers. And a very hot tupping scene where Holly gets inventive with her elemental power and an iron head-board….

So Holly and Will are running around the streets of London in the underworld of the paranormal trying to still Will to rights and all the time they are falling for each other. And their love story is sweet, sexy and a very emotional one. Kristen Callihan knows how to write a story that pulls at your heart-strings.

I love how we get to see some of the earlier characters from the other books and how Callihan sets up the story for the next book, SOULBOUND. Callihan has really set the bar high for me with her paranormal historical series. Because of the Dark London series I’m not seeking out more books in the genre and I hope I found more jewels out there like Kristen’s books.

I now leave you with one of my favorite quotes from Will Thorne.

“I knew it,” he said in a low, rumble. “Under all that starch, you’re as dirty-minded as I am.”

About Kristen Callihan

KristenCallihan

Kristen Callihan is an author because there is nothing else she’d rather do. She is a three-time RITA nominee, and winner of two RT Reviewer’s Choice awards. Her novels have garnered starred reviews from Publisher’s Weekly and the Library Journal, as well as being awarded top picks by many reviewers. Her debut book FIRELIGHT received RT Magazine’s Seal of Excellence, was named a best book of the year by Library Journal, best book of Spring 2012 by Publisher’s Weekly, and was named the best romance book of 2012 by ALA RUSA. When she is not writing, she is reading.