TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

ROMP with a side of Stomp from Bec McMaster

Stomp vs Romp

If any of you know my London Steampunk books, then you'll know that I like to mix a fair bit of ROMP with my STOMP. Featuring daring duels, dangerous escapes by dirigible, or thrilling chases through the eerie, fog-dusted London streets... there's plenty here for the STOMP fan, but when it comes down to it, I'm definitely Team ROMP.

Because while my books feature a strong undercurrent of action, the most fascinating part is watching two people fall in love. Fighting monsters is all well and good, but fighting your feelings is a challenge you know they'll never win.

Maybe it's got something to do with Garrett, the smooth-talking hero in my upcoming release, FORGED BY DESIRE, and how he just can't get his best friend out of his mind... Perry's his partner, and the woman who's had his back on all of the cases they've worked in the darker sides of London, but until the start of Forged - and one very sexy red dress she went undercover in - he's never really looked at her as a woman.

They've worked plenty of dangerous cases, but now the growing feelings between them are pushing them both to the edge. What's more fascinating than bringing a roguish charmer to his knees? Or that moment when your heroine finally gives in to the inevitable? A duel scene?  A chase? I think not, my friends.

Here's a little scene from Forged By Desire to prove my point. Poor Perry's on the run, in order to save Garrett's life from the mysterious villain from her past - even if it means that she has to lie and tell him there's someone else in her heart. But the problem with being best friends is that Garrett knows her far, far too well:

“Prove it,” Garrett whispered, eyes glittering as his face lowered toward hers. His mouth whispered along her jaw, body driving hard against hers, every inch molded to her softening body. “Prove that you don’t feel any of this. Prove that I don’t mean anything to you.” Cupping the curve of her nape, he caught a fistful of her hair and turned her lips to his. “Prove that everything between us is a lie.”

And then his mouth took hers.

She’d thought his advances rough the night before. She was wrong. He’d been deliciously gentle with her in comparison. This... now... His body vibrated with anger, with need, with the desperate urge to claim her.

And she couldn’t deny it.

A strangled noise sounded in her throat as his tongue darted over hers. How could she fight him when she wanted him so much? Her own fist clenched in his hair, trying to hold herself up - hold herself together - under the onslaught of his embrace.

If she let herself, she’d drown in this...

And then he’d die.

Breaking away with a gasp, Perry shoved at him. If he got hold of her, she knew she wouldn’t have the strength of will to push him away again. A firm hand circled her wrist and Perry couldn’t stop herself from twisting free, swinging his elbow up behind his back–

He ducked beneath her move, twisting the other way and twirling her, almost like a dancer. Timber panelling met her back, Garrett forcing her hands above her head and pinning her there with his body. She’d barely seen him react.

In all of their sparring, he’d never moved like that before. All those times she’d thought she’d won... And he’d let her.

“You bastard.”

He pressed her back against the carriage wall, using his whole body to trap her, to nudge between her thighs and force them to part. Forearms on the wall on either side of her face, he dragged his mouth away, breathing hard. The black glimmer of his eyes burned through her. Good lord, he was strong. She tried to move, to escape, but she was helpless.

His lashes lowered, lips parting in a soundless groan as he ground against her.

“Come now, my fierce little peregrine,” he whispered, riding against her, the hard ridge of his cock grinding exactly where she wanted it. “I know you can get out of this...if you wanted to.”

Perry tried every trick she knew. Wriggling and squirming, and nothing mattered because she could feel him, hands pinning her wrists against the timber, his hips rasping against her. Leaving her wet and slick, aching so desperately that she knew only one thing would assuage the emptiness inside...

Perry stopped fighting with a gasp. Their eyes clashed; he knew it, felt it in her treacherous body. “No,” she moaned, turning her face to the side as he leaned closer.

“There’s no one else for you,” he demanded, as he bit the soft skin of her throat. “Say it.”

The sharpness of his teeth shot all the way through her, igniting something deep inside. Perry squirmed, but this time it wasn’t to get away.

“Say it,” he breathed, fingers curling through hers as her wrists lowered, locking their palms together.

Perry closed her eyes. Squeezed them hard against the emotion surging within. “There’s no one else for me.” There never would be. Never had been, from the moment she’d met him.

Now isn't that better than an action scene, any day?

Giveaway

International Shipping

- 1 signed copy of KISS OF STEEL (Book 1 in the London Steampunk series)

- 1 Signed copy of HEART OF IRON (Book 2 in the London Steampunk series)

- 1 Signed copy of MY LADY QUICKSILVER (Book 3 in the London Steampunk series)

Kiss of Steel Heart of Iron My Lady Quicksliver

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Forged By Desire

FORGED BY DESIRE BY BEC MCMASTER – IN STORES SEPTEMBER 2014

You're my breath when I feel like I can't catch my own."

Captain Garrett Reed of the Nighthawk guard has a deadly mission: capture a steel-jawed monster preying on women. He hates to put his partner, Perry, in jeopardy, but she’s the best bait he has. Little does he realize, he’s about to be caught in his own trap.

Perry has been half in love with Garrett for years, but this is not exactly the best time to start a relationship—especially when their investigation leads them directly into the clutches of the madman she thought she’d escaped...

ORDER TRADE PAPERBACK

Amazon Barnes & Noble | B-A-M | Chapters | Indiebound | Powell's | The Book Depository | Sourcebooks

ORDER EBOOK

Kindle | Nook | Kobo | IBooks

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

BecMcMaster_headshot_tn1

Award-winning author Bec McMaster lives in a small town in Australia and grew up with her nose in a book. A member of RWA, she writes sexy, dark paranormals and steampunk romance. When not writing, reading, or poring over travel brochures, she loves spending time with her very own hero or daydreaming about new worlds. Read more about her at www.becmcmaster.com or follow her on Twitter, @BecMcMaster.

Check out Team Stomp over at Rabid Reads with Elliott James.