TheBookNympho

Length: 16 hrs and 13 mins
Source: Purchased
four-half-stars
Audiobook | Goodreads
Witch and day-walking demon Rachel Morgan knows magic - earth, ley line, even the forbidden demon magic - and that knowledge has saved her life more than once. But now something - or someone - is attacking Cincinnati and the Hollows, causing spells to backfire or go horribly wrong while living vampires attack humans and Inderlanders alike.

The pressures build when the city is quarantined to contain the unreliable magic, and Rachel must stop the attacks before the undead vampire masters who keep the rest of the undead under control are lost and it becomes all-out supernatural war.

The only way to do so is through the ancient elven magic, but that carries its own perils - for magic always has a price, and gods do not come lightly when called.

THIS POST HAS SPOILERS!

If you are not up to date on The Hollow series then read this review at your own risk. (But really who reads a review on the 12th book in a series they’ve not read?! It’s your own fault if you get spoiled on the series.)And there will be spoilers for The Undead Pool. This is less of a review and more of my gushing about the book and what happens in it.

WE’VE BEEN WARNED!

If you can’t guess by the title, THE UNDEAD POOL  installment deals with the vampires of Cincinnati. The vampires are my least favorite species in The Hollows series. I’ve just never warmed up to them as a whole and Ivy just gets on my nerves. I thought that maybe we would finally get the answer to the question if Rachel could save a living vampire’s souls when they die the first death. Nope. No answer.

Instead we get a new weird plot this late into the series. Seriously, this is the next to the last  book. There’s no time for new stuff. We need answers to old questions.

THIS IS WHERE THE REAL SPOILERS START!!!!

Ever since Trent walked onto the pages of The Hollows series we’ve all wonder “will they”. Well they’ve danced around it with a few kisses here and there…

In THE UNDEAD POOL I’m reminded that female witches have an extra muscle in their lady town that grabs hold of their male partner’s penis when they orgasm. And better the orgasm the longer they hold on. And boy does the itchy witch hold on to the cookie maker.

So since the vamps are not my favorite supes in The Hollows for me the best parts of THE UNDEAD POOL was all the Rachel and Trent parts. And the few demons parts with Al and Newt. Speaking of Al I wonder how things will end with him and Rachel after the way their last talk went.

With 12 books under Kim Harrison’s belt, she still writes an outstanding plot and characters. I’m both excited and sad to get my hands on the last book, THE WITCH WITH NO NAME. I already have the audio pre-ordered and my tour tee-shirt in my closet. Now I just have to figure out which book tour spot to visit. It’s going to be hard to let Rachel, Jenks, Al and Trent go.