TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Brooklyn Ann’s 5 Reasons ROMP is better than Stomp

Stomp vs Romp

Don’t get me wrong, I adore kick ass urban fantasy, but something always brings me back to romance. As a writer it is because my characters keep falling in love. As a reader, I guess it’s because something about romance touches me deeper and has a bigger impact on me than action-packed butt-kicking fests.

But why? It never occurred to me to wonder about that until I was invited to participate in this delightful event.

I’ve come up with a list of reasons why “Romp” beats out “Stomp.”

1.) Love is a bigger challenge.

Other enemies and obstacles can be beat up, shot, or set on fire, but you can’t fight your feelings for someone.

2.) So much attention is focused on the little things.

If I were a scientist, I’d be far more interested in microbiology than astronomy. From the slightest caress to a character accepting the other’s quirks, romance highlights how little things impact the story in a big way.

3.) When the enemy is conquered, now what?

Kicking bad-guy butt is great and all, but where do the characters go from there? I think romance is slightly better because love is a journey that never ends.

4.) Guaranteed HEA, no cliffhangers.

A lot of Urban Fantasy series end with a cliff-hanger and although those can be exciting when I have access to the next book, they are infinitely frustrating when I find out that I have to wait a year… or longer ::cough George RR. Martin cough:: to find out what happens next. Romance never teases anyone with such a dire prospect. The reader ALWAYS gets their pay-off.

5.) Never know what else you’ll get/ flexibility.

Although every romance has two people meeting, falling in love, and ending up together, how they get there is different every time. The sky’s the limit. It’s all about the journey instead of the destination. And it is those unique journey’s and endless possibilities that keep romance readers coming back for more.

One Bite Per Night by Brooklyn Ann
Scandals with Bite #2
August 5th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

Vincent Tremayne, Earl of Deveril and Lord Vampire of Cornwall is approached by the Dowager Countess of Morley because of an ancient alliance between their families. Her son, the earl, has died twenty years after marrying commoner and moving to America. He left a daughter and the Countess fears the “uncouth American” will ruin her other granddaughter’s debut. She prevails upon the old alliance and asks Vincent to become Lydia Price’s guardian.

Due to the countess’s utter biliousness, Vincent agrees. He plans to not only get her married quickly and thus off his hands, but to ensure that the heroine outshines her cousin just to spite the countess.

But when Lydia arrives in Cornwall, Vincent has a problem: he wants her for himself and she is not making resistance easy. But the Lord Vampire of London urges Vincent to follow his original plan- or face dire consequences.

Amazon | B&N | Goodreads

About the Author

A lover of witty Regencies and dark paranormal romance, Brooklyn Ann combines the two in her new vampire series. The former mechanic turned author lives with her family in Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho. She can be found online athttp://brooklynann.blogspot.com as well as on Twitter and Facebook.

VOTE ROMP!

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/08/brooklyn-anns-5-reasons-romp-is-better-than-stomp