TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Being a Romper vs a Stomper with Sara Humphreys

Stomp vs Romp

Being a Lover vs. a Fighter: An Interview with Shane Quesada.

As a paranormal romance author, I adore both the romp and stomp of romance but the truth is, we wouldn’t have a romance novel without the romp. Those alpha males, which I adore, can stomp all they want but if they don’t bring the romp…then it wouldn’t be a romance at all.

I thought I’d let my latest hero, Shane Quesada argue the point.

Me: Shane, you’re four hundred years old and a sentry for the vampire government. Correct? Would it be fair to say that until recently you would have asked to be on Team Stomp and not Team Romp?

Shane: That is accurate. I have worked as a sentry enforcer for the Presidium for my entire existence and until I met Maya, there was no romping to speak of. However, a good deal of stomping.

Me: So why the change of heart, so to speak? What makes Team Romp so freaking awesome?

Shane: For almost four centuries I have roamed the earth for the Presidium and taken down various supernatural creatures. I have had more blood on my hands than is acceptable in most circles and I believe I hold the record for most kills made by a sentry. It’s a dubious honor, to be sure, and yet it secured my reputation as a lethal weapon among our kind. Until I found, Maya, I didn’t think there was any other reason for my existence. I was under the misguided impression that fighting for and protecting the Presidium’s laws, was my purpose.

Me: Okay. We get it. You are a badass and not someone to f—with. So how did Maya change your mind?

Shane: She possesses a quiet strength and at the same time, an innocence that I haven’t seen in countless years. Until I found her, I was merely existing and going from day to day or mission to mission with little consideration to experiencing any kind of joy. Maya introduced me to pleasure on every level imaginable. I am not merely speaking of the pleasures of the flesh, although those are considerable. She showed me what it really means to love another creature. Seeing to her desires, needs, and pleasure is my greatest mission and for the first time in close to four hundred years…I am living.

Me: So does that mean you aren’t kicking ass anymore?

Shane: Hardly. I still work as a sentry and fulfill my duties for the Presidium but what kind of existence is it to walk the earth as only a killing machine with no light, no love? Thanks to Maya, I have found the best of both worlds.

Me: So we can say that you are firmly seated on the Team Romp side?

Shane: Absolutely. I was fighting for countless years but you aren’t living unless you add in the Romp.

18480399

A fledgling vampire ignites a war…

Maya remembers the last moments of her life as a human with haunting clarity, and every man she meets pays the price…until Shane. Finding herself in the middle of a bloody fight between vampires and werewolves, Maya has no choice but to let the devastatingly sexy vampire guard get close to her.

And that’s not all that heats up…

Shane Quesada, a four-century-old vampire sentry, is known for his cold, unemotional precision, but once Maya begins to invade his dreams, his world is changed forever. His job to protect her is swiftly replaced by the all-consuming need to claim her as his own.

Amazon | Apple iBooks | Barnes and Noble

Book Depository | Books a Million | Google Books

IndieBound | Indigo

GO TEAM ROMP!

Check out what Team Stomp is talking about over at Rabid Reads with Robin Bielman.

About Sara Humphreys

Sara Humphreys

Sara is a graduate of Marist College, with a B.A. Degree in English Literature & Theater. Her initial career path after college was as a professional actress. Some of her television credits include, A&E Biography, Guiding Light, Another World, As the World Turns and Rescue Me.

Sara is the President of Taney Speaker Training, which specializes in public speaking, presentation development and communication skills training. She has trained executives at Verizon, Bristol-Meyer Squibb, Westchester County and the United States Navy. Her speaking career began with Monster’s Making It Count programs, speaking in high schools and colleges around the United States to thousands of students.

Sara has recently expanded her business to include Career Coaching for Authors which helps writers build their brand and expand their presence in the industry.

Sara has been a lover of both the paranormal and romance novels for years. Her sci-fi/fantasy/romance obsession began years ago with the TV Series STAR TREK and an enormous crush on Captain Kirk. That sci-fi obsession soon evolved into the love of all types of fantasy/paranormal; vampires, ghosts, werewolves, and of course shape shifters.

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/08/being-a-romper-vs-a-stomper-with-sara-humphreys