TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Holy Hot Immortal! Dark Skye by Kresley Cole

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Holy Hot Immortal! Dark Skye by Kresley ColeDark Skye by Kresley Cole
Source: Author
four-stars
Amazon | Audiobook | B&N | Kobo | Goodreads
ETERNAL OBSESSION

As a boy, Thronos, prince of Skye Hall, loved Lanthe, a mischievous Sorceri girl who made him question everything about his Vrekener clan. But when the two got caught in the middle of their families’ war, tragedy struck, leaving Thronos and Lanthe bitter enemies. Though centuries have passed, nothing can cool his seething need for the beautiful enchantress who scarred his body—and left an even deeper impression on his soul.

ENDLESS YEARNING

Lanthe, a once-formidable sorceress struggling to reclaim her gifts, searches for love and acceptance with all the wrong immortal suitors. But she’s never forgotten Thronos, the magnificent silver-eyed boy who protected her until she was ripped from the shelter of his arms. One harrowing night changed everything between them. Now he’s a notorious warlord with a blood vendetta against Lanthe, hunting her relentlessly.

CAN THE HEAT OF DESIRE BURN BRIGHTER THAN VENGEANCE?

With their families locked in conflict and battles raging all around them, will Thronos and Lanthe succumb to the brutal chaos that threatens everything they cherish? Or will the fragile bond they formed so long ago spark a passion strong enough to withstand even the darkest doubts?

Well-Written Smexy2 SwoonWorthy

It’s no secret that I’m a HUGE Kresley Cole fan so you might be confused when I say that DARK SKYE is the first book I’ve read by Cole.  I’ve listened to all the Immortals After Dark books (and Cole’s other books) on audio. She has great narrators. But when I got a review request to read DARK SKYE I jumped on it. I wanted to see if I enjoyed Cole’s Immortals as much if I read them. And I did!! Of course I missed Robert Petkoff’s narration and I found myself wondering how he would voice Thornos and I plan on listening to the audio as well. But I can now say I love Cole’s writing no matter if I’m reading or listening to her novels.

FINALLY!! We get a virgin HERO. We’ve had a few virgin heroines in the series but now we get a yummy hero that’s not dipped his immortal wick into the pleasurable “honey” of a woman.

The timeline for DARK SKYE puts us back on the island that’s run by the Order, where tons of Immortals are held as prisoners and being tested and tortured. One of the things I love about this series is how Cole weaves the stories together to make one big picture. The story of the Order and it’s island of immortals started in DREAMS OF A DARK WARRIOR and after that we’ve seen how some of the prisoners have faired since their escape. This time we get to see what happens to Lanthe after Thornos carries her away.

These two have an interesting and sad history together. Lanthe has been funning from Thornos for 500 years. Why? Because of one really f’up misunderstanding. Oh and she left him broken when they were young. Another new thing in this long running series, Thornos found his mate at a young age. Lanthe was 9 and he was only a couple of years older than her. They started out as best friends that should have been enemies. After some bad blood between them they later become enemies only to find each other again and get their HEA.

Lanthe is a great character. She’s sassy and kick ass but has a hear to gold. She’s been looking for love in all the wrong places the last 500 years. Thornos has lived a very sheltered life as a Vrekener. Seriously, the Vrekener is like the Amish of the Lore. No TV, they were boring clothes, oh and no sex out of marriage. Yep, that’s why our hot broody hero is still a virgin all these years.

What better way to turn someone like Thornos’ world upside down than a Sorceri that wears micro-minis and has no problem with romping outside of marriage? And boy is Thornos’ a quick study when it comes to the ways of the bedroom!

I highly recommend Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series. It’s not everyday that you can find an author that can keep a series fun and refreshing after 15 books. You’ve not tried Kresley Cole you should! All of her books are great but if you’re looking for a hot paranormal romance series with more than just sexy times you will love the Immortals After Dark series.

I’m finally caught up on the series which kind of sucks since I’ll have to wait a year to get more IAD.

About Kresley Cole

4428

Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series and the young adult Arcana Chronicles. She has also written five award-winning historical romances.