TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Undercover Agent steals Theif’s heart in Against the Dark by Carolyn Crane

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Undercover Agent steals Theif’s heart in Against the Dark by Carolyn CraneAgainst the Dark by Carolyn Crane
Series: The Associates #1
Source: Author
three-half-stars
Amazon | B&N | Goodreads
SHE’S AN EX-SAFECRACKER FORCED INTO ONE LAST HEIST

Angel Ramirez left the safecracking game five years ago, and she’s worked hard to make amends and build an honest life. But when a beloved aunt is kidnapped, she must reunite with her girl gang to acquire the unique ransom: Walter Borgola’s prized diamonds. It’s a simple job that turns into a nightmare, thanks to a surprisingly clever—and searingly sexy—security guard named Cole Hawkins.

HE’S AN UNDERCOVER AGENT WITH BIG PLANS FOR HIS GORGEOUS THIEF

Cole is one of the Association’s most brilliant agents, under deep cover investigating a ruthless killer. He’s also running out of time: hundreds will die if he doesn’t stop the plan Borgola’s set into motion. Catching Angel is the break he needed--he promises not to turn her in if she poses as his lover and uses her unique talents to unlock the sociopath’s dungeon vaults.

But as pretend passions turn real, Cole regrets drawing Angel into his deadly game…and danger is closer than either of them could ever imagine.

Quick Summary

Angel Ramirez is an interior designer with a past. She’s been a retired safecracker and jewel theft for about five years now but her old friends from her gang days needs her help so she is sucked back into the life for one last job. Cole Hawkins has been working undercover for The Associates, a kind of black ops group that uses any means to take down the bad guys. Cole and Angel meet while working the same party and their passion starts with a bang.

The romance

The lust between Angel and Cole is front and center from chapter one. The two are forced to work together and their lust quickly turns into something more. Even though Angel has very reason to hate Cole she can’t stop thinking about the sexy man and Cole can’t take his eyes off the lovely Angel.

The suspense

Wow. What a slime ball Borgola is. He’s the evil of the story and anyone that kidnaps children and plans to feature them in his snuff films is one bad mofo you don’t want to cross.

Angel and Cole have to be very careful not to end up in one of Borgola’s films!

The bottom line

Crane’s writing a great and I can’t wait to see where The Associates take me next. I recommendAgainst the Dark to romance readers looking for a few thrills mixed with their sexy times.