TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

#Review where I use "little man in the boat" reference.

Shock & Awe by Abigail RouxShock & Awe by Abigail Roux
Format: eBook
Pages: 106 pages
Source: Purchased
B&N | Goodreads
After barely surviving a shootout in New Orleans, Sidewinder medic Kelly Abbott has to suffer through a month of recovery before he can return home to Colorado. He’s not surprised when fellow Sidewinder Nick O’Flaherty stays with him in New Orleans. Nor is he surprised when Nick travels home with him to help him get back on his feet—after all, years on the same Marine Force Recon team bonded the men in ways that only bleeding for a brother can. He’s very surprised, though, when Nick humors his moment of curiosity and kisses him.

Nick knows all of Kelly’s quirks and caprices, so the kiss was a low-risk move on his part . . . or so he thought. But what should’ve been a simple moment unleashes a flood of confusing emotions and urges that neither man is prepared to address.

Now, Kelly and Nick must figure out what they mean to each other—friends and brothers in arms, or something even deeper?—before the past can come back to ruin their tenuous future.

First let me say I NEED to get back to Roux’s Cut & Run series. I’ve been dragging my feet waiting to see if the rest of it would be published in audiobook format. But sadly it looks like they won’t be so it’s time to read them. SHOCK & AWE has me craving Ty and Zane again.

SHOCK & AWE is about two of Ty’s military buddies, Nick and Kelly. We’ve meet them in Cut & Run series and now Roux gives us a taste of them on their own and it was a delectable taste!

After researching other reviews it seems that SHOCK & AWE’s story line happens right after TOUCH & GEAUX (which I’ve yet to read, shame on me I KNOW!) But I didn’t feel like I was spoiled on the plot of the TOUCH & GEAUX.

I LOVED seeing BFFs Nick and Kelly figure out their new feelings for each other. They are just as hot as Ty and Zane, just in a different way.

I’ve been a little burned out on Romances lately. They just weren’t “melting my butter” (huh, maybe I should rephrase that?) They weren’t warming my honey (yeah that’s just as gross but if you read romances you know what I mean.) But y’all Roux floated my “little man in a boat” with Nick and Kelly.

OMG when I reached the last page my Nook showed I still had 20+ pages. I thought NOOOO!!! Where’s the rest of the story. It can’t end like this. Then I swiped the page and there was the title page for BAIT & SWITCH, which is a mini story or conclusion to SHOCK & AWE. Sigh, all was right in the world again and I kept reading. A few things got wrapped up in BAIT & SWITCH but some things were left under done and I can only assume it helps set up CROSS & CROWN (which I’m starting after I finish this review.)

Ok. I’m off to read more hot men on men romance. If you haven’t tried Abigail Roux you SHOULD!

Jennifer

About Abigail Roux

Abigail Roux

Abigail Roux was born and raised in North Carolina. A past volleyball star who specializes in sarcasm and painful historical accuracy, she currently spends her time coaching high school volleyball and investigating the mysteries of single motherhood. Any spare time is spent living and dying with every Atlanta Braves and Carolina Panthers game of the year. Abigail has a daughter, Little Roux, who is the light of her life, a boxer, four rescued cats who play an ongoing live-action variation of ‘Call of Duty’ throughout the house, a certifiable extended family down the road, and a cast of thousands in her head.

Source: http://wp.me/p3GvSV-37M