TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

I Want to be a Cougar! Must Love Fangs by Jessica Sims

I Want to be a Cougar! Must Love Fangs by Jessica SimsMust Love Fangs by Jessica Sims
Series: Midnight Liaisons #3
Format: Audiobook
Length: 9 hrs and 45 mins
Source: Purchased
Audiobook | Goodreads
Marie Bellavance has known for years that she will die of the same incurable disease her mother did. That's why she never dated and doesn't allow anyone to get close to her. But now, as an employee of the paranormal dating agency Midnight Liaisons, she has a chance: if she can find someone to turn her into a supernatural creature, she'll be cured!

Flirty were-cougar Joshua Russell has wanted standoffish Marie for his own, but she's been off limits as a human. When he catches her sneaking away from a vampire date gone wrong, he steps in and offers his own services. As a vampire bodyguard, he's able to tell her which vamps will be the perfect ones to date. But he's secretly got a better plan in mind: if she wants to date the supernatural, a handsome were-cougar would be the best choice of all.

First Impression:

Another fun and sexy read from Jessica Sims.

What I liked:

Everything.

Marie is a great heroine. She’s strong and sassy. She’s a little naïve when it comes to supes even though she’s worked as Midnight Liaisons for a year. But she keeps to herself and the supes try to keep as much as they can from humans so her naïve about them is understandable.

Joshua is just down right sexy. I picture him as Jason Stackhouse in True Blood but with more brains. LOL He’s known as a player, never having a long relationship with one woman. But Marie has him wanting more. And good for her, she makes him work for it.

What I didn’t like:

Nothing! As far as the writing, plot and characters I really enjoyed Must Love Fangs. My only complaint was the narration.

The Narration:

Leah Mallach continues to do an ok job with the narration. My only complaint this time around is her lack of a French accent for Marie when she was cussing in French. Marie’s mother was French Canadian and that’s where she learned to cuss in French. But I guess with Marie living in Texas she’s not going to have a French accent but still I would have liked to have a good fake French accent. Mallach didn’t change her accent at all for those French dirty words.

Lasting Impression:

Must Love Fangs has it all; humor, mystery, sexy times, sad times and fur and fangs. Jessica Sims is always a good for a light and fun read.

Will I continue this series?

Yes! I’ve requested book 4, Wanted: Wild Thing from the audio publisher already and can’t wait to listen to Ryder’s story.

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/06/i-want-to-be-a-cougar-must-love-fangs-by-jessica-sims