TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Ronin Black Has Totally Mastered Me! UNWOUND by Lorelei James

This book may be unsuitable for people under 18 years of age due to its graphic sexual content.

I received this book for free from Brilliance Audio in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Ronin Black Has Totally Mastered Me!  UNWOUND by Lorelei JamesUnwound by Lorelei James
Rating: A Narration: A
Narrator: Luke Daniels
Published by Brilliance Audio on March 25th 2014
Genres: Erotic Romance
Format: Audiobook
Length: 11 hrs and 41 mins
Source: Brilliance Audio
Audiobook | Goodreads
When sensei Ronin Black first encounters Amery Hardwick, the fire in her eyes ignites a sexual spark a thousand times better than the primal rush he used to get from mixed martial arts matches. She accepts his darker edges and admits to him that her desires aren’t as wholesome as he believed. And before long Ronin is grappling with emotions he’s never felt before….

Yet despite demanding Amery bare her body and soul to him, Ronin holds a part of himself back. When she learns Ronin’s secret and walks out, his life begins to unravel. To regain her trust he must let go of his pride and prove to her that it’s more than passion binding them together. But after their private pleasures are made public, Ronin is unsure if he’s the right man for Amery. Can they face the consequences together? Or will their differences rip them apart?

Well-WrittenMust-Read AdultsOnly PantyRipper

First Thought

Lorelei James is now my radar! I will be trying more of her books.

Why I’m Still Enjoying this Series

The characters grow! They don’t make the same mistakes they did in Bound (book 1). Sure there is drama that could be avoided but really this time around much of it has to do with other people causing drama for them. It’s also easy to see that Amery and Ronin are not just about the hot, hot, hot sex. They really love each other and grow not only as individuals but as a couple.

The story wraps up with a nice HEA for Amery and Ronin and I hope we get looks at them through other character’s books.

I also enjoyed the fact that Uwound ending was not tied up in a perfect pretty bow. Let me example. Amery has a strained relationship with her parents and rightly so. And it 100% on the parents fault for their messed up thoughts about Amery’s life choices and well the world as a whole. They are VERY religious and try to shame and control Amery. There is a major conflict that happens between them and while it’s a shame that things are left they why they were it was realistic to the plot and I’m glad that Lorelei James didn’t try to make a Hallmark moment out of it.

Issue I had

I thought that one part of the story line (I won’t go into too much so not to spoil you) was a little rushed and I would liked to have more details and see the bitch go to jail. If you have read or plan on reading this series you will know who the bitch is. LOL

Final Thought

NEXT PLEASE! I can’t wait to get Shiori and Knox story in book 3, Unraveled. March will be a long wait. Lorelei James told me on Twitter that there will be Novella in December so I’m hoping that will help with the long wait for Unraveled.

Narration

This time we get Luke Daniels as the sole narrator and it makes sense since we get most of Unwound from Ronin’s POV. Daniels does a fabulous job with Ronin’s voice and all the other characters. The only thing that bugged me a little bit was that the female Japanese characters had an accent where as Ronin did not. Not a big issue but I wonder why he decided to give Ronin’s sister an accent. Yes she has lived longer in Japan but not enough (IMO) for her to sounded different than Ronin. But hey I loved his voice for Ronin so if he did give him an accent I might not have liked it. LOL Overall the narration was great. I wonder who will narrateUnraveled since it’s a new couple.

Jennifer

About Lorelei James

Lorelei James

Lorelei James is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of contemporary erotic western romances set in the modern day Wild West and also contemporary erotic romances. Lorelei’s books have been nominated for and won the Romantic Times Reviewer’s choice Award, as well as the CAPA Award. Lorelei lives in western South Dakota with her family…and a whole closet full of cow girl boots.

Why do I have a particular fondness for all things western? Well, I’m a fourth generation South Dakotan, living in the Black Hills, which is chock-full of interesting characters, including cowboys, Indians, ranchers, and bikers. The geographical diversity of the surrounding area showcases mountains, plains, and badlands. Living in and writing about rural settings gives me a unique perspective, especially since I’m not writing historical westerns. Through my fictional world, I can show the ideals and the cowboy way of life are still very much alive.