TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Jill Redfield Brings the Erotic Shifter Action in Carnal Secret by Suzanne Wright to LifeCarnal Secret by Suzanne Wright
Series: Phoenix Pack #3
Format: Audiobook
Length: 12 hrs and 16 mins
Source: Publisher
Amazon |Audiobook | Goodreads

A pack Alpha and his estranged, true mate wrestle with painful secrets, ruthless enemies, and their own irresistible attraction, in the sexy third book of the Phoenix Pack series.

Half-shifter Shaya Critchley may hold a submissive role in her pack, but she’s done taking orders. After her Alpha wolf mate refused to claim her—but committed to interfering in her life—she took off. Now she hides from him, posing as a human in a town full of anti-shifter extremist groups. She thinks he’ll never find her again, and that suits her just fine. But she’s wrong.

Nick Axton can barely control his feelings for Shaya, but he could never claim her—not if he truly cares for her. The degenerative brain condition he keeps secret would ultimately leave her with a burden rather than a mate. But when Shaya runs away, Nick can’t bear the thought of never seeing her again. After tracking her down, he discovers Shaya’s feisty and passionate side in the process…a side he’d never seen before.

Under the menacing gazes of territorial local packs and violent human extremists, Nick vows to finally claim the spirited Shaya…and despite her initial resistance, Shaya just might find his fiery determination to be the ultimate aphrodisiac.

First Impression:

Hot erotic shifter action.

Favorite Quote(s)/ Scene:

“I guess all I can do is ignore her. If that fails, I have rat poison and a shovel.”

“You should have known I love you. You’ve heard what they say: ‘Love sucks; true love swallows.’ As I recall, I’ve always taken every last drop.”  – eew

What I liked:

I liked seeing Shaya get her HEA after being hurt by Nick in Wicked Cravings (book 2).

What I didn’t like:

The stupid “jokes’ that Shaya’s bitchy co-work made about her red hair. What is she 8? It got old.

Also I think I’m over alpha males that talk and talk and talk about what they are going to do to the female once they get her in the bed and how much he’s going to make her beg for it.

The Narration:

Ok this audio has now made me OCD about checking that my ear buds are completely plugged into my work pc while listening. Taryn, the heroine from book 1 had one of her Tourette syndrome moments early in the book and my co-work heard her shout MF, SOB from my cube. LOL

Jill Redfield is a great narrator. She can deliver both the female and male characters in an enjoyable way. I think I actually enjoy her male voices more than the female and that’s high praise coming from me. Not many female narrators can pull off the male voices so well and still make the female voices sound feminine. And she really gets into those sex scenes.

Will I continue this series:

Not sure yet. I think I’m just bored with this kind of books at the moment. Once a new release is available I’ll most likely give it a try.

Jennifer

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/05/jill-redfield-brings-the-erotic-shifter-action-in-carnal-secret-by-suzanne-wright-to-life