TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

A Great Small Town Romance, The Buckhorn Legacy by Lori Foster

A Great Small Town Romance, The Buckhorn Legacy by Lori FosterThe Buckhorn Legacy by Lori Foster
Series: Buckhorn Brothers #5
Rating: A-
Published by Harlequin on October 23rd 2012
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: eBook
Pages: 299 pages
Source: Library
Amazon | B&N | Goodreads

Emma Clark is back in Buckhorn. Once she was the girl with too much makeup and a bad reputation—and she tried everything she could to get Casey Hudson into bed. He was the cutest guy in town, and the only one who seemed to really care about her.

As a hot-blooded teen it was hard for Casey to resist Emma. Now, eight years later, it's impossible. But Emma is doing her best to shut him out—and Casey needs to convince her that the attraction that burns between them isn't just leftover teenage lust, but his real love for a real woman…

Well-Written sexy1 Sweet

I love Lori Foster’s Buckhorn Brothers series. When I’m in the mood for sweet and sexy small town romance it’s one of my go to series.

I first meet Casey when he was young in his father’s book, Sawyer that’s include in the novel Buckhorn Beginnings that contains book 1, Sawyer and book 2, Morgan.

Casey was raised by his father and uncles, seeing first hand how the ladies of Buckhorn swooned over all the yummy men in the family. Casey got his fair share of the sexy alpha genes and Emma was drawn to them when they were teens.

But Casey tried to be the friend that Emma needed instead of another notch on Emma’s belt. He always had a feeling that Emma didn’t have a great home life and when she is dropped at Casey’s door step in the middle of the night by her father, he finds out it is worse than he thought. That was the night that Emma broke Casey’s heart.

Eight years later Emma comes back to Buckhorn to visit her sick father and Casey’s feelings for Emma return to hit him hard.

I really enjoy friends to lovers romance when it’s written well and Lori Foster does it great! She shows us Emma and Casey journey  from teens with a major crush to adults that are completely in love. I was rooting for Emma and Chase to have a HEA after the ending of Jordan’s story in Forever Buckhorn. And I really enjoyed the bonus romance between Emma’s friend Damon and Cecily, one of the local Buckhorn ladies.

Recommendations:

Fans of Shannon Stacey’s Kowalski Family and Lisa Kleypas’s Travis Family series will enjoy Lori Fosters’ Buckhorn Brothers series.

Jennifer

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/05/a-great-small-town-romance-the-buckhorn-legacy-by-lori-foster