TheBookNympho

Format: Audiobook
Length: 17 hrs and 54 mins
Source: Library
Audiobook | Goodreads

Condemned and shunned for black magic,Rachel Morgan has three days to get to the annual witches’ conference and clear her name, or be trapped in the demonic ever-after . . . forever after.

But a witch, an elf, a living vampire, and a pixy in one car going across the country? Talk about a recipe for certain disaster, even without being the targets for assassination.

For after centuries of torment, a fearsome demon walks in the sunlight—freed at last to slay the innocent and devour their souls. But his ultimate goal is Rachel Morgan, and in the fight for survival that follows, even embracing her own demonic nature may not be enough to save her.

Quote that perfectly sums up the book:

“The car was full of unhappy people heading west. It was the Great American Family Road Trip, all right. Whaaa-hoo!”

What the What?! (Spoiler)

View Spoiler »

Demons are people too…

I like seeing another side to the demons. I’ve really grown to like Al. And honestly I see him more of a love interest than any of the guys currently in Rachel’s life.

I know something happens in the future with Rachel and Trent thanks to all the snippets I’ve seen around the book world. But he needs to  grow a pair in order for me to like him. He lets women fight for his life. He needs to get a little more alpha or he has no hope to hold on to Rachel. She needs someone strong.

The Narration:

Marguerite Gavin is Rachel Morgan. NO ONE can replace her. I did have one issue with the narration this time around. Gavin’s voice for Pierce kept switching to an Irish accent when he didn’t have it in the last book. And she didn’t stick with the accent every time he spoke. I don’t know if she forgot how she did his voice before or if there was a different director. Sure that sounds like a minor thing but it bugged me.

Next!

Now I’m off to start  A Prefect Blood. I downloaded it from the library once I hit the 50% mark of Pale Demon.

signature

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/04/audio-review-pale-demon-by-kim-harrison