TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

What the Feck (WTF): Do You Blindly Follow a Favorite Author?

Cat Says WTF

What the Feck?! (WTF?!) is where we discuss bookish topics that had us thinking WTF?! while reading a book, talking to others in the book community or book news. Stop by on Mondays for new topics.

Do You Blindly Follow a Favorite Author?

I often read Carmel’s and Julie’s QUESTION weekly post. And back in November one of my favorite questions is the reason for this week’s What the Feck post. You can read Carmel’s answer to Do You Blindly Read a New Series by a Favorite Author HERE and Julie’s answerHERE.

My short answer, YES.

If I enjoy an author’s writing I will try other books by them. This doesn’t always work. Sometimes I enjoy the author’s work no matter what kind of book/series it is and then there are times when they are better suited (in my opinion) to stick with one type of genre.

When it worked (for me):
  • Jennifer Estep – I read Mythos Academy series (young adult UF) because I love the Elemental Assassinseries (adult UF) and I have plans to read Estep’s Big Time series (PNR).
  • Kresley Cole – I listened to The Arcana Chronicles (YA) and The Professional (Erotica) because I love herImmortals After Dark series (PNR).
  • Kelly Meding – I tried MetaWars series (UF) because I love her Dreg City series (UF) and now Kelly is writing the Cornerstone Run Trilogy (PNR) under the name Kelly Meade and I will be reading it.
  • Richelle Mead – I tried her Georgina Kincaid series (UF) because I loved her Vampire Academy series (YA)
  • Molly Harper – I’ve read all of her books. Doesn’t matter if they are PNR or contemporary. I love them all.
  • Ilona Andrews – Love the Kate Daniels series and now I’m enjoying The Edge series.
  • Patricia Briggs – After reading Mercy Thompson series I tried Alpha & Omega and I enjoy both of them.
  • Jeaniene Frost – Night Huntress, Night Huntress World, Night Prince. All series I’ve enjoyed but they’ve been in the same world with same characters. The rest test will be her new series coming up.
  • Pamela Palmer – Feral Warriors and Vamp City. I must say I’ve enjoyed both series but Vamp City a little more.
  • Felicity Heaton – I first read her VET series, then Her Angel series and now her Eternal Mates series. I’ve enjoyed them all.

When it didn’t work (for me):
  • Darynda Jones – I love Charley Davidson series but could not get into her Darklight (YA) series.

Authors I plan on trying more of:
  • Lisa Kleypas
  • Shannon Stacey
  • Rachel Vincent
  • Jaye Wells
  • Kristen Painter

What about you guys, what authors do you blindly follow?

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/04/what-the-feck-wtf-do-you-blindly-follow-a-favorite-author