TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Review: Twilight Hunter by Kait Ballenger

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Review: Twilight Hunter by Kait BallengerShadow Hunter by Kait Ballenger
Format: eARC
Pages: 376 pages
Source: Author
Amazon |B&N |Kobo | Goodreads

Hunters of the supernatural, the Execution Underground are an elite group tasked with protecting humanity...but what happens when danger collides with desire?

Jace McCannon has one loyalty: the Execution Underground. Despite his mixed blood, his hatred for the werewolves he hunts is legendary. But in his search for a sadistic killer, Jace finds himself face to face with a stunningly seductive packmaster…and longing for a night with his mortal enemy.

Nothing can stop Frankie Amato from defending her kind—or catching the rogue responsible for killing women in her territory. For that, this alpha female needs Jace’s skills more than she wants to admit. But as their investigation exposes evil truths, need burns into a passion that dare not be fulfilled. For to do so will have deadly consequences for them both…

First Impression:

Great start to a series featuring ass kicking band of brothers in arm hunting supernaturals.

Plot and Characters:

Jace is our hero. He’s the best werewolf hunter on the East coast. His secret is that he has a nose for tracking wolves. Literally. Only one other member of the Execution Underground  knows Jace is a werewolf half-breed. His mother was human and his father a werewolf. Thanks to Jace’s abusive father he hates werewolves. That is until he meets our heroine, Frankie.

Frankie is the packmaster of the locate werewolf pack. She’s out hunting down a killer when she runs into a gorgeous man in the alley where the lastest kill has taken place. But the gorgeous man is a hunter and her natural enemy. Plus to make things worse Frankie is in the middle of her yearly mating cycle and any alpha male werewolf will do.

After Jace and Frankie share a hot night together they end up working together to caught a werewolf psycho serial killer that’s been killing young women all over town.

Lasting Impression:

Jace’s self loathing was endearing and made me want to cuddle him.

Will I continue this series:

Yes. I’m starting book 2, Immortal Hunter after I finish this review.

signature
Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/04/review-twilight-hunter-by-kait-ballenger