TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

The Book Nympho Turns 3 | Geeky Bloggers Book Blog

Blogiversary

Fair Warning: This is a roast post! I suck at roasting people. I am not cruel enough or funny enough. However, I do have one little thing I can get her with :)

What does one say about Jennifer?

• She is Fun!
  • She is Sweet!
  • She is Talented!
  • She loves to sit by the firepit and drink wine (pretty sure her hubby thanks the stars we don’t live in the same town)!
  • She is a great Mom!
  • She is a great Friend!
  • She is fearless!
  • She reads good books!
  • She listens to even better books!
  • She doesn’t get my love of narrator Angela Dawe! What the what what...  I guess everyone has to have a flaw.
  • She thinks men narrators are better with women voices than women are with men (most of the time). On this we disagree too!

Auditory disagreements aka listening is a personal thing and Jenn is wrong!

Let me caveat something here: I am not sure if she still is opposed to Angela Dawe. In fact, she could be totally in love with her narration these days. She actually only mentioned it once and it was forever ago. However when a friend doesn’t love your favorite narrator, you hold on to that and wait to roast her when she can’t do a thing about it.  That man thing though I am still pretty sure she still believes. I am not sure where I went wrong with this girl.

See even awesome people can have one or two flaws. She can need to clean out her ears and give a good listen to narrators that I know just rock (Angela Dawe).  She can have delusions of men vs women narrators (though we both agree that multiple narrators can solve the overall problem). You have to accept your friends where they are. If they don’t get your love a particular thing, you just have to continue to love your friend and teach them the error of their ways. However, you are allowed to point out when they’re wrong (not all the time but with well-timed reminders) and pat them on the head with a there-there dear. In other words, you suffer through their small little flaws and soldier on! Friends are allowed to be mistaken :)

Actually I love that we differ on a few points where audiobooks are concerned. I know I am supposed to be roasting her but it is our differences that make our conversations fun.  We can totally disagree (again she is wrong and I am right) on narrators and still share our love of audiobooks. It is one of the main reasons that I love Jenn and proud to call her my friend! So rock on sister-friend with your wrong narrator thinking ways. I will always stand behind you (shaking my head and pointing out when you are wrong LOL) !  Just kidding! Love ya!

* I am pretty sure she is stunned that I remembered these small (sometimes wine fueled) audiobook discussions.*

Giveaway: Since we both love audiobooks I am offering up one audiobook of the winner's choice. This is open to anyone who can accept audiobooks from Audible.

a Rafflecopter giveaway