TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Review: Bear Meets Girl by Shelly Laurenston

Review: Bear Meets Girl by Shelly LaurenstonBear Meets Girl by Shelly Laurenston
Series: Pride #7
Rating: B-
Published by Brava on March 27th 2012
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Format: eBook
Pages: 407 pages
Source: Purchased
Purchase Book |Purchase Audiobook | Add to Goodreads

He's big, burly, and way smarter than your average shapeshifting bear. He's also about to get trapped by own his game. . .

Lou Crushek is a reasonable, mellow, easygoing kind of guy. But once someone starts killing the scumbags he works so hard to bust, that really gets under his fur. Especially when that someone is a curvy she-tiger with a skill set that's turning Crush's lone-bear world upside down--and bringing his passion out of hibernation. . .

As a member of an elite feline protection unit, Marcella Malone has no problem body-dropping anyone who hunts her kind. But Crush is proving one major pain in her gorgeous tail. The only reason she's joined forces with him is to track down the wealthy human who's got her entire species in his ruthless sights. It sure isn't because Crush's stubborn and contrary attitude is rubbing Cella in all the right ways.

Bear Meets Girl is the 7th book in the snarky and sexy Pride series by Shelly Laurenston. This series never fails to make me laugh.

Favorite quote/scene:

“I was trying to help your dumb ass, you ungrateful heifer.”

“Didn’t need your help, backwoods.”

Smith wiggled out from under the bed. She had her gun and tucked it back into its holster. “Don’t make me cranky, whore, or I’m liable to break that knee of yours all over again.”

“Blow me.”

The She-wolf gave the finger and walked out. Two seconds later, she walked back in. “When you’re feelin’ better … dinner?”

“Sure. Can I bring Crush?”

“Sure. See ya “…

Shelly Laurenston can write some funny as hell shifters. I love how Cella and Dee-Ann are BFFs even though Cella is feline (tiger) and Dee-Ann is a wolf. And both are crazy and dangerous but are loyal and will do anything for each other and their families.

I love bear shifters. They are not your normal wolf or feline shifter.

After listening to Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter by Jessica Sims was I looking for another bear shifter romance and I remembered I hadn’t read Bear Meets Girl yet. I don’t know why I put it off for so long. I love this series. But I must admit that Crush fell a little short. He didn’t have any of the quirky bear characteristics that Bo and Lock has. But we got a lot of Bo so he made up for Crush lacking the bear weirdness.

I like the dangerous and serious aspect that Laurenston has added to the series with the shifter hunters I think adding a little suspense to the humor and sexy times will bring new life to the long running series. I can’t wait to see what happens in the following books, Wolf With Benefits and Bite Me.

signature

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/03/review-bear-meets-girl-by-shelly-laurenston