TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Audio Review: Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter by Jessica Sims

Audio Review: Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter by Jessica SimsDesperately Seeking Shapeshifter by Jessica Sims
Series: Midnight Liaisons #2

Pages: 384
Length: 9 hrs and 40 mins
Source: Purchased
Purchase Book |Purchase Audiobook | Add to Goodreads

Sarah Ward, the werewolf sister of Bathsheba from Beauty Dates the Beast, and co-owner of their paranormal online dating agency, Midnight Liaisons, is voluntarily traded to a wolf clan in exchange for a kidnapped female were-cougar. Fearful of what might happen to her while with the wolf clan, she and Ramsey, a were-bear who’s part of the were-cougar alliance, pretend to be engaged so he can stay with her for protection. The last thing either of them expect is for their pretend engagement to lead to a very real love affair….

First Impression:

I want a bear shifter of my own!

What I liked:

Everything!

What’s not to like about a sexy, strong and silent were-bear? Ramsey is the everything that Sara needs. Protector, friend and sexy mate all rolled up into one.

Sara has been in hiding from other sups. She was turned against her will into a werewolf by her abusive boyfriend. But at the end of book 1, Beauty Dates the Beast, Sara’s secret about being a werewolf is out of the bag and the local wolf pack is in need of a female. And the fact that Sara hasn’t managed the art of shifting everyone is wondered that she will not last much longer if she doesn’t figure it out.

Sara is inexperienced at shifting and Ramsey is inexperienced with women. They help each other out with their stamina problems. But after all practice makes prefect and Ramsey is a sex god in the making.

What I didn’t like:

Nothing!

The Narration:

Leah Mallach did a good job with the female characters but like many female narrators she didn’t do some of the male characters justice. But with the book being a light and fun read I think she hit the snark level just right. I think after listening to two books in the series I’m use to her narration. I don’t know I would seek out books just because she was the narrator but I happy to continue the Midnight Liaisons series on audio.

Lasting Impression:

A fun and sexy series to turn to when I’m in the mood for a light and fun listen.

Will I continue this series:

Yes! Book 3, Must Love Fangs is on my audio wish list.