TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Audio Review: Three Broken Promises by Monica Murphy

This book may be unsuitable for people under 17 years of age due to its use of sexual abuse, drug and alcohol use, and/or violence.

Audio Review: Three Broken Promises by Monica MurphyThree Broken Promises by Monica Murphy
Series: One Week Girlfriend #3
Format: Audiobook
Length: 8 hrs 50 mins
Source: Publisher
Purchase Audiobook | Add to Goodreads

Commitment. That’s what I really want from Colin. Ever since my brother, Danny, died in Iraq, Colin’s done so much to help me, including giving me a job at his popular restaurant so I can leave my crappy waitressing job at the strip joint. But lying in bed with him every night to comfort him from his horrible nightmares isn’t enough anymore. I know he feels guilty about Danny’s death, about not going to Iraq, but I can’t keep living this double life.

I love him desperately, but he’s got so many demons, and if he can’t open up to me now, then he’ll never be the real partner I need him to be. I gave him a month, and now I’m out of here. If he truly loves me like he says, he knows where to find me.

First I have to gripe about the error in narrator names… Rip Griffin is NOT the male narrator as stated EVERYwhere. It’s MacLeod Andrews. When I looked online to see who the narrators were (because I knew they would be different this time around) I thought cool. Two narrators I’ve not listened to. But when listening to the first CD where they tell the audio info and announced that MacLeod was the 2nd narrator I was confused. Then when he voice was blasting through my earbuds I knew it was him because I’ve listened to his narration job for Sandman Slim.

Since I started this review talking about the narrators I’ll tell you that I really enjoyed MacLeod’s narration of Colin and he even does a pretty good job with Jen’s voice.  I like how this series has duel narrators for the duel POVs. Amy McFadden does a good job with Jen’s POV but I found myself missing Kate Rudd’s narration job from books 1 & 2 but since she did Fable’s POV it only makes sense to change narrators for Jen like they did with Colin.

As far as the plot of Three Broken Promises I’m glad we get a couple that has known each other for a few years instead of an instant-a-love. Jen and Colin first showed up in book 2, Second Chance Boyfriend and every since then I’ve been wanting their story.

Jen and Colin have known each other for a while since Colin and Jen’s older brother was best friends in school. After Jen’s brother, Danny dies over seas while in the military their family, Colin included is still hurting from his lose 2 years later.

Jen just wants to move on but her parents and Colin won’t let Danny go. Jen decided she couldn’t take being 2nd to Danny’s ghosts and leaves homes. She young and gets herself into trouble fast working at a strip club. Colin rides in like a knight on a white horse and has been taking care of Jen every sense.

Colin feels guilty for Danny’s death and for everything bad that’s happen to Jen because he promised Danny he would take care of her if anything happened to him. Jen is sick of being taken care of by Colin and wants him to see her how she sees him. Someone to love and desire.

Three Broken Promises is good addition to the One Week Girlfriend series by Monica Murphy and I can’t wait to see some more of Fable and Drew while we see Fable’s little brother Owen get his HEA in the 4th and last book (I think), Four Years Later, in the series. I’m also looking forward to experience two (new to me) narrators tell Owen’s story.

signature

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/03/audio-review-three-broken-promises-by-monica-murphy