TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Audio Review: Hard As It Gets by Laura Kaye

This book may be unsuitable for people under 17 years of age due to its use of sexual content, drug and alcohol use, and/or violence.

Audio Review: Hard As It Gets by Laura KayeHard As It Gets by Laura Kaye
Pages: 368
Length: 12 hrs and 43 mins
Source: Purchased
Purchase Book |Purchase Audiobook | Add to Goodreads

Tall, dark, and lethal...

Trouble just walked into Nicholas Rixey's tattoo parlor. Becca Merritt is warm, sexy, wholesome — pure temptation to a very jaded Nick. He's left his military life behind to become co-owner of Hard Ink Tattoo, but Becca is his ex-commander's daughter. Loyalty won't let him turn her away. Lust has plenty to do with it too.

With her brother presumed kidnapped, Becca needs Nick. She just wasn't expecting to want him so much. As their investigation turns into all-out war with an organized crime ring, only Nick can protect her. And only Becca can heal the scars no one else sees.

Desire is the easy part. Love is as hard as it gets. Good thing Nick is always up for a challenge...

First Impression:

Hot romance with the right amount of suspense.

The Narration:

Seraphine Valentine does a good job with the reading and Becca’s voice. But like many female narrators her male voices were just ok. Other than that she did a good job with the over all narration of Hard As It Gets.

I had a little problem with the production of part 2 of the audio. There was some choppy parts where it sounded like they may have went back and re-record a few scenes and they didn’t edit the recordings together well. It sounds like a few words were cut. It was a stop and start recording that sounded like when your cable or satellite skips when there’s a storm. It bugged me but it didn’t last too long so I stuck with the audio.

What I liked:

I’m enjoying dipping my toe into romancing with military men and suspense. Laura Kaye did a great job with balancing the thrilling elements with the romance. The leading characters were interesting and there was some great secondary characters that I can’t wait to read more of.

What I didn’t like:

Nothing really. Like some series the 1st couple is good but might not be my favorite.

Will I continue this series:

Yes. I already have book 2, Hard As You Can downloaded from Edelweiss on my Nook to read.

signature

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/02/audio-review-hard-as-it-gets-by-laura-kaye