TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Audio Review: My Bluegrass Baby by Molly Harper

Audio Review: My Bluegrass Baby by Molly HarperMy Bluegrass Baby by Molly Harper
Series: Bluegrass #1
Pages: 250
Length: 5 hrs and 28 mins
Source: Purchased
Purchase Book |Purchase Audiobook | Add to Goodreads

A brand-new novel in an original eBook series from popular romance author Molly Harper! When Sadie & Josh compete for the same Kentucky Tourism Commission job, sparks fly—turns out Kentucky really is for lovers.Sadie Hutchins loves her job at the Kentucky Tourism Commission. Not only could her co-workers double as the cast of Parks & Recreation, but she loves finding the unusual sites, hidden gems, and just-plain-odd tourist attractions of her home state. She’s a shoo-in for the director’s job when her boss retires at the end of the year…until hotshot Josh Vaughn shows up to challenge her for the position. Josh is all sophisticated polish while Sadie’s country comfort, and the two have very different ideas of what makes a good campaign. So when their boss pits them against each other in a winner-takes-all contest, they’re both willing to fight dirty if it means getting what they want. But it turns out, what Josh and Sadie want could be each other—and Josh’s kisses are the best Kentucky attraction Sadie’s found yet!

smartandfunny

First Thought:

Vampire, werewolf or just plain human, Molly Harper and Amanda Ronconi never fails to entertain me.

Why I listened:

Hello, it’s Harper and Ronconi.

The Story:

Saddie’s boss is getting ready to retire and what should have been a sure thing for Saddie to get his position turns into a funny romance where she has to work with her competition for the Director position with the Kentucky Tourism Commission, Josh.

And of course there is an attraction between Josh and Saddie at first site until they find out who the other person is and then it’s a race to see which one can out do the other in childish pranks. But once they realize that the pranks are getting in the way of their work they call a truce and let the best man/woman for the job win. All the while they are falling for each other.

Final Thought:

I liked the reference to Harper’s other contemporary romance, And One Last Thing. Which if you are a Harper fan you should really give that one a read as well. I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again. Paranormal or not the team of Molly Harper and Amanda Ronconi is on the top of my auto-audio-buy list.

Favorite Quote:

“Besides if we went to jail I would sell you for cigarettes.”

signature

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/02/audio-review-my-bluegrass-baby-by-molly-harper