TheBookNympho

Format: ARC
Pages: 368 pages
Source: Publisher
Purchase Book | Add to Goodreads

Since Merit was turned into a vampire, and the protector of Chicago’s Cadogan House, it’s been a wild ride. She and Master vampire Ethan Sullivan have helped make Cadogan’s vampires the strongest in North America, and forged ties with paranormal folk of all breeds and creeds, living or dead…or both.

But now those alliances are about to be tested. A strange and twisted magic has ripped through the North American Central Pack, and Merit’s closest friends are caught in the crosshairs. Gabriel Keene, the Pack Apex, looks to Merit and Ethan for help. But who—or what—could possibly be powerful enough to out-magic a shifter?

Merit is about to go toe to toe, and cold steel to cold heart, to find out.

This is the 9th book in a series so there could be some series spoilers ahead.

Chloe Neill continues to deliver a hard-hitting heroine with just the right amount of snark and a junk food obsession that I can get behind.

I’ve been on the Chicagoland Vampire roller coaster ride since picking up book one, Some Girls Bite back in 2009. I forget that Merit has only been a vampire for about 10 months. Boy has it been one hell of a year for her. She’s turned from college student to vampire over night. Meet, hated, loved, lost and been reunited her main squeeze, Ethan. Become the Sentinel for Cadogan House. Saved the world a few times, even from her BFF. Oh is now a member of a secret vampire Red Guard that keeps watch over the ruling vampires to make sure all that power doesn’t go to their head. Now she can add to her vamp resume leader her own “Scooby Gang” while investigating the mishaps in the supe world.

Wild Things might not be the action packed, save the world installment like some of the recent titles but it’s not a book about fluffy bunnies either. Merit and company are still dealing with some of the fall out fromBiting Bad. The new major is still a bitch and she is doing her best to use Ethan as the escape goat and trying to turn all of Chicago against the vampires and not just Cadogan House.

Wild Things starts out with Ethan and Merit leaving Chicago to stay with the Pack until they figure out how to handle Mayor Kowalcyzk and get Ethan out of the murder charges for the GP leader he killed in self-defense during Biting Bad.

While Ethan and Merit are hanging out with the Pack they can’t help but feel a little un-welcomed and after an attack happens the shifters are quick to blame Merit and Ethan because they were present. It’s a case of guilty until proven innocence with both the city of Chicago and the Pack.

Not all supernatural creatures are “out of the closet” to humans. Vampires and now shifters are out but they are not the only things that go bump in the night. There are nymphs, witches and trolls just to name a few. Then we find out that Elves are not as extinct as everyone thought they were. Through all these supes and magic into a wild plot where Merit and the gang has to save them and Wild Things makes an entertaining addition to the Chicagoland Vamp series and it’s paving the way to even more interesting events to come and I can’t want to see where Neill takes us in the next release, Blood Games. But I’ll have to wait til August to find out.

signature