TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Review: High-Heeled Wonder by Avery Flynn

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Review: High-Heeled Wonder by Avery FlynnHigh-Heeled Wonder by Avery Flynn
Series: A Killer Style
Published by Entangled: Ignite on January 27th 2014
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Format: eBook
Pages: 250 pages
Source: Author
Purchase Book | Add to Goodreads

Avery Flynn does a great job of mixing fashion, suspsense and romance in High-Heeled Wonder.  I’m no stranger to Flynn’s writing, this is the third book I’ve read by her. I went in thinking this will be a sexy, sassy and fun book. Then add in a a touch of a thriller element and you have a winner. Think Sex in the City if Carrie was a fashion blogger with a stalker out to kill not only her blog but her.

Sylvie Bissette is the “High-Heeled Wonder”, a fashion blogger that’s a the daughter of two fashion designer dads. Sylvie uses the HHW as her blogging name so if her opinions on fashion make people mad they don’t take it out on her dads. And she didn’t want to use their names to help launch her blog into the huge success it is today.

But after Sylvie starts getting threatening emails from an online stalker she starts to wonder if her secret is safe or if someone on the very short list that knows she’s the HHW let the fact slip. Sylvie is not convince that her stalker is really dangerous but thanks to her over protective dads, they have hired a bodyguard for her. One she doesn’t know about.

Once Sylvie meets Tony at her little sisters wedding sparks fly. But she quickly finds out that Tony is the bodyguard that was hired to shadow her for the last month.

Tony is an ex-cop that’s turn to the private security business. He is still working the case to solve his partner’s murder while trying to protect Sylvie from her stalker and he’s having a hard time keeping their relationship strictly business. She’s his client, he can’t sleep with her no matter how much they both want it.

High-Heeled Wonder is full of high stake fashion and one dangerously sexy ex-cop. If you’re looking to dip your toe in the Romantic Suspense genre you should give Avery Flynn a try.  She brings sassy to the thrills.

signature

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/01/review-high-heeled-wonder-by-avery-flynn