TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Audio Review: Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian

Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11)

Rating B
Narration B-

This will be a short review since Jonetta reviewed it last year on the blog. (http://thebooknympho.com/2013/03/revi...)

Edge of Dawn read like spin-off series. You have the same Midnight Breed world all be it 20 years later but with a new cast of characters. With it being 20 years later you get to see the characters that were just kids or not even born it. It’s like the next generation.

Lara Adrian did a great job “rebooting” the series. Fans now have new life in the world that Adrian built and new readers could easily pick up the series with Edge of Dawn. Of course you won’t get the back story on the parents and you won’t get to see Mira as child but there is enough explaining about her and Kellan’s history that you should be fine.

The first half of the series that “ended” with the last book, Darker After Midnight, closed the chapter on the big bad that the Midnight Breed was working to take out. Now with this new turn of the series the warriors has a new enemies to take out, plus the Breed is still dealing with the fall out of them coming out to the human world at the end of Darker After Midnight.

It was good seeing some of the old faces but I’m looking forward to learning more about the new faces.

Hillary Huber did an ok job with the narration. I actually liked her male voices over the female voices. She did a great job with the different accents that some of the characters had. I’m not sure if I would actively seek out audio books narrated by her though. She has narrated the series from the beginning so I’m on the fence if I’ll listen or read the next book but I’m leaning more towards reading it.

signature