TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Audio Review: Wicked Cravings by Suzanne Wright

This book may be unsuitable for people under 17 years of age due to its use of sexual content, drug and alcohol use, and/or violence.

Audio Review: Wicked Cravings by Suzanne WrightWicked Cravings by Suzanne Wright
Series: Phoenix Pack #2
Length: 12 hrs 33 mins
Source: Purchased
Purchase Book |Purchase Audiobook | Add to Goodreads

First Impression:

Wicked Cravings brought more of the humor, sexy times and fantastic characters that I’ve now come to expect from the Phoenix Pack series.

Favorite Quote(s)/ Scene:

I really enjoyed Taryn’s birthing scene. It was great to get an update on the alpha pair from the 1st book.

“No, I’m done! I’m tired, I’m sweaty, I’m in agony, and why do I feel like I need to shit?”
“It’s totally natural to feel that way,” said Grace in a placatory, calming voice. “Some women even have one during labor.”
“What?” The word dripped with horror. “Women can shit when they’re in labor? Tell me that won’t happen to me! Don’t you let me shit, Grace!”

What I liked:

I love it when a girl finally gets that guy she’s been crushing hard on. Jamie and Dante is another strong  couple. Both  have their own past issues that keep them from bonding. Dante protects his heart in a major way after a pass love screwed him over. Jamie is dealing with her damaged wolf after the death of her parents.

It was heartbreaking to see the couple over come their issues. But Suzanne Wright infused the characters with humor to help lighten the darker moods to keep a great balance.

What I didn’t like:

Jamie kept calling Dante, Popeye. Either I missed it or it was never explained where the nickname came from. It really bugged me that he never questioned why she kept calling him that.

Another detail that was not explained or I missed it was Jamie’s hair color. In the last chapter it’s mentioned that she had sable colored hair. I like to have character details up front to help me picture them in my head. I don’t know why but I kept picturing her with red hair.

The Narration:

Jill Redfield is a great narrator. She can deliver both the female and male characters in an enjoyable way. And she really gets into those sex scenes. I don’t know that I would find them as hot if I read them. LOL

Lasting Impression:

Wicked Cravings is an entertaining addition to the Phoenix Pack series.

Will I continue this series:

Yes. I can’t wait to listen to Shaya and Nick’s story!

Recommendation:

For readers that like strong female leads and is into a lot of sex with their shifters and is ok with a dominating beta male that is into booty duty.

signature

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/01/audio-review-wicked-cravings-by-suzanne-wright