TheBookNympho

Source: Purchased
Purchase Book | Add to Goodreads

HowlingGood

First Impression:

This is a werewolf book with bite.

Favorite Line/Quote:

“You forget, darling. I am the local psychopath.”

“Perfect night, wasn’t it?”

“It could have been.” I smiled up at him. “But you were there.”

Why I listened:

I’ve had Bitten on my TBR since 2010. But after seeing it was being turned into a TV show I decided I should really read it. I kept putting it off and ran out of time to read it before the show airs (TONIGHT on Syfy) so I decided to listen to the audio since I could listen while at work and get it finished faster.

The Narration:

Aasne Vigesaa does a great job with the narration for the most part. Her voice is prefect for Elena. She sounds the perfect age of the character and her passing and delivery of the story was great. The only negative thing I can point out was her voice for Clay. He is southern and I don’t think she pulled his voice off as well as it could have been done.

The production of the audio was good there was no noticeable stops in the audio recording. The speed and volume were masterfully done where it sounded like the whole book was recorded in one sitting. One thing that was done that I’ve only heard in one other audio book is when Elena was talking to anyone on the phone the person on the other end sounded like they were on speaker phone. They muffled the audio making it sound like they were actually on a phone. It was a bit cheesy sounding until I got use to it.

What I liked:

Armstrong’s wolves are only male (with the exception of Elena) and it’s passed from father to son. The men raise the sons and the mothers or not around thus no instant a love or mates thing that you see in ALL other werewolf books (at least ones I’ve read).

I liked that Armstrong is an author that’s not afraid to kill off characters no matter how lovable they might be. Her werewolf world is one that is dark but still has characters full of snark.

The heroine, Elena is just as strong as the males in her pack. But she’s not one of those head strong female leads that runs off trying to save the world only to get everyone around her hurt or killed. She is a strong pack member whither she wants to be or not.

The hero, Clay…. where do I start with him? He’s the tough smart ass that’s sexy and frustrating at the same time. He betrayed Elena years ago but he loves her and continues to wait on her to come back to him. My heart breaks for him at times but I can see why Elena would want nothing to do with him or the pack. Elena and Clay are both great characters.

What I didn’t like:

Nothing really.

Lasting Impression:

I really enjoyed Bitten and the world that Armstrong has created.

Will I continue this series:

Yes. I’ve already put book 2, Stolen on my library wish list and will be reading it very soon.

What other bloggers are saying about Bitten:

Carmel (Rabid Reads) “It’s THE best werewolf book ever. Period.”

Jen (Red Hot Books) “Otherworld is the bomb dot com.”

signature

bitten

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/01/audio-review-bitten-by-kelley-armstrong