TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Audio Review: Marked by Elisabeth Naughton

I received this book for free from Publisher via Audiobook Jukebox in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Audio Review: Marked by Elisabeth NaughtonMarked by Elisabeth Naughton
Series: Eternal Guardians #1
Rating: C+
Narration: C

Narrator: Elizabeth Wiley
Published by Tanor Media on 08-27-13 (audio) 05-27-10 (book)
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Format: Audiobook
Pages: 321 pages
Length: 11 hrs and 2 mins
Source: Publisher via Audiobook Jukebox
Purchase Book | Add to Goodreads

First Impression:

Marked had the misfortune of falling victim to first book in a series syndrome.

The Narration:

Elizabeth Wiley did an ok job with the narration. I felt like her voice was not well matched for the genre. Her voice was too stuffy for my taste.

What I liked:

I’m new to Greek Mythology so that was a fresh element for me in the PNR genre. Marked was full of Misos – half-breed, Argonauts – full blood, and demons. It was nice break from vampires and werewolves that flood the genre.

The heroes are not clear-cut good guys. The women are not weak and waiting to be saved by the men.

Naughton did a great job writing sexual tension and tensing you with almost sex, sex scenes. The actual sex scene was just as smoking as I thought it would be.

What I didn’t like:

The narration and plot just didn’t grab me and I my attention kept drifting off. And I didn’t like the couple that much. I am looking forward to one of the secondary character’s own book which I hope comes up soon.

Lasting Impression:

While Marked didn’t blow my socks off I’m hoping it’s one of those series that will get better with the next book.

Will I continue this series:

Yes. I grabbed the next audio book cheap through a sale at audible.com and even though I didn’t care too much for the narration I’ll listen to give the series and narrator a second chance.

Would I read this author again:

Yes. I liked her characters and world building and I’ll give the next book, Entwined a try.

Other Books/Series by author:

Stolen series | Against All Odds series | Firebrand series

signature

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/01/audio-review-marked-by-elisabeth-naughton