TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Audio Review: Beauty Dates the Beast by Jessica Sims

o BookReviews  1 ★★★★★

Audio Review: Beauty Dates the Beast by Jessica SimsBeauty Dates the Beast by Jessica Sims
Series: Midnight Liaisons #1

Length: 7 hrs and 55 mins
Source: Purchased
Add to Goodreads

First Impression:

Beauty Dates the Beast is a fun, light and sexy listen from the beginning to the end that has me adding books 2 & 3 to my wish list.

What I liked:

Beauty Dates the Beast deliver’s on its title. I went in figuring it would be a light and fluffy listen, which is what I was looking for after a long urban fantasy reading/listening binge I’ve been on.

Jessica Sims does an outstanding job bring fun characters to life with a touch of sexy and mystery.

What I didn’t like:

The heroine’s name…. Bathsheba. Really? Since I listened to the book I thought for the longest the narrator was pronouncing it Bethsheba until someone called her Bath for short. Another thing that had me rolling my eyes was the fact that Bath was a virgin. But I after hearing about her and her sister’s life I guess it was a way of showing how much of Bath’s life she gave up to keep her sister safe.

The Narration:

Leah Mallach did a good job with the female characters but like many female narrators she didn’t do some of the male characters justice. But with the book being a light and fun read I think she hit the snark level just right. While she didn’t blow me away with her narration I’ll get her another try with the next book in the series before I discount her totally.

Lasting Impression:

What a fun shifter book.

Will I continue this series:

Yes. I’ve already added book 2, Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter to my wish list.

Would I read this author again:

Yes. I enjoyed Sims’ writing style and her ability to mix snarky lines with sexy.