TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Audio Review: White Trash Zombie Apocalypse by Diana Rowland

Audio Review: White Trash Zombie Apocalypse by Diana RowlandWhite Trash Zombies Apocalypse by Diana Rowland
Series: White Trash Zombie #3
Length: 9 hrs and 30 mins
Source: Purchased
Purchase Book | Add to Goodreads

First Impression:

While White Trash Zombie  Apocalypse was not my favorite of the series it’s always fun listening to Angel.

The Narration:

Angel is on my auto-buy audio book list and it’s all due to Allison McLemore. I LOVE Allison’s narration of this series. It is one of the best southern accents I’ve heard. And being from the south I’m very peaky about the “fake” ones. I was surprised when I looked up Allison to find that her NOLA accent might be put on it’s not that far of a stretch for her because she is a native of my very home state, Arkansas.  I enjoy Allison’s narration so much that I plan to check out other books she narrates.

What I liked:

Even though Angel’s body is stuck in time (as long as she continues to fuel it with b-r-a-i-n-s) she is not the same person as in the first book. She continues to grow as a character and person. She might see herself as white trash but she is working hard to get her GED, she continues to hold down a job she loves and is proud of and she is earning the respect of people all around her.

What I didn’t like:

The series arc is moving a little slow but I think it will pay off in the end. I’m just impatient and Apocalypseseemed a little slower to me than the other books. Don’t get me wrong it was full of action, blood and gore that I’ve come to love in the series. There was just something missing this time around for me.

Will I continue this series:

Yes! I’m ready for the next book, How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back

Similar Book/Series:

Rachel Caine’s Revivalist Trilogy

Signature+cat
Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/01/audio-review-white-trash-zombie-apocalypse-by-diana-rowland