What the Feck (WTF): Reading Resolutions

What the Feck (WTF): Reading Resolutions

What the Feck?! (WTF?!) is where we discuss bookish topics that had us thinking WTF?! while reading a book, book news or talking to others in the book community. Stop by on Mondays for new topics.

Reading Resolutions

What’s yours?

I don’t do well with the whole New Year’s Resolution of losing weight, exercising, etc. So I thought I would do a reading resolution instead.

My reading resolution for 2014 is NO BUYING BOOKS.

From: WeKnowGifs.com

I have purchased enough books to keep me busy for well over a year. Plus I have access to FREE books from my library in all formats (ebooks, audios and print).

85+ paperbacks on my bookshelf

150+ ebooks on my Nook

200+ titles on my library audio/ebook wish list

What will I do for new releases? That’s what Netgalley and Edelweiss is for.

WHY am I doing this? To save money and to get all those paperbacks and ebooks read.

What will I do with the books I read from my physical bookshelf? The ones I don’t keep I will trade at my local used book store for ‘new to me’ books or trade with other readers. A few may even make into giveaways here at The Book Nympho.

In 2013 I starting doing a monthly Book Budget post to see how much I was spending on books. That helped me cut down on my spending but I need to cut it down even more. For 2014 instead of posting  a Book Budget post at the end of the month, I’m going to post an update on how this challenge is going.

The only loophole I’m giving myself is if I received gift cards. After all it’s not my money I’m spending. LOL

What reading resolution(s) are you setting for yourself in the new year?