TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

3 Reasons to Read Shattered Duty by Katie Reus

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

Shattered Duty by Katie ReusShattered Duty by Katie Reus
Series: Deadly Ops #3
Published by Signet on June 2nd 2015
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Source: Publisher
four-stars
Amazon | Audiobook | B&N | Goodreads
When his wife was murdered two years ago, Special Agent Levi Lazaro turned his back on everything he cared about. Ever since, he has thought of nothing but vengeance. Now he's finally uncovered the identities of those who killed his wife—and he's ready to destroy them at any cost. He won’t let anything stand in his way—not even a beautiful NSA agent on a mission of her own.

Special Agent Selene Wolfe prides herself on being the best. Her fearlessness and quick-thinking make her the perfect person to take down a deadly terrorist cell. But she needs Levi’s help, and the moment he shows up, Selene knows her objectivity—and her heart—are in trouble.

As the two strike an uneasy alliance, Levi finds himself tormented by his desire for Selene—a feeling he thought long dead. But when their mission takes an unexpected turn, he finds himself faced with an impossible choice: either put aside his need for revenge, or save the woman who’s reawakened his soul…

icon HEARTBREAKING icon PAGE TURNER icon hot

Shattered Duty is the third book in Katie Reus’ Deadly Ops series but it’s my second book to read in the series. I know, I know. I need to go back and read/listen to book 1, Targeted. It’s on my reading plan.

Three Reasons You Should Read Shattered Duty By Katie Reus:

1. Special Agent Levi Lazaro – Who doesn’t love reading about a special agent / military, yummy alpha type?! Then add a horrific loss that sent Levi off the grid for two years looking for vengeance.
  2. Special Agent Selene Wolfe – Selene is a hardcore chick. She had a big loss in her past as well and had to grow up fast. She’s super smart, she hacked in the CIA at age fifteen and then later became an agent and trained to work in the field as The Wolf. She’s great with a sniper rifle and a computer. What’s not to like?
  3. The Romance –  Levi and Selene had and instant-a-lust from the moment they saw each other. They both know it and want it. But as they work together to take down an evil terrorist their bond moves beyond lust to love.
  4. The last few chapters – (yes I know I said three reasons…) The last two chapters and epilogue made it worth staying up super late to finish Shattered Duty. Oh it wrapped up Levi and Selene’s relationship so well and it made me sniffle. It was so sweet and the best ending to their story!

I highly recommend Katie Reus’s Deadly Ops series to Romantic Suspense readers. They are a great balance between romance and action. You could start with Shattered Duty but you might miss a few connections on some of the secondary characters if you don’t start from the being with Targeted.

About Katie Reus

Katie Reus

Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom’s stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn’t always know she wanted to be a writer. After changing majors many times, she finally graduated with a degree in psychology. Not long after that she discovered a new love. Writing. She now spends her days writing dark paranormal romance and sexy romantic suspense.