TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

BEHIND THE MASK BY CAROLYN CRANE #Giveaway

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

Say More! Behind The Mask by Carolyn CraneBehind The Mask by Carolyn Crane
Series: Associates #4
on May 19th 2015
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Format: eARC
Source: Author
five-stars
Amazon | Goodreads
TO SAVE HER PROSTITUTE TWIN SISTER SHE HAS TO SWITCH PLACES WITH HER...

When her estranged sister is won in a card game by a brutal drug cartel, Zelda knows what she has to do: take her place. Save her. Focus on infiltrating the shadowy group--and try not to think about why she left the spying game years ago. She’s slept with dangerous criminals before; she can do it again.

Hugo Martinez is one of South America’s most lethal and wanted men, a legendary mercenary living on a windswept mountain. Even at the height of the war he wasn’t in the habit of taking women captive, but the American whore has seen his face. And he and the orphan boy need a cook. He shouldn’t want this woman, but there’s something so unusual about her…

Meanwhile, Zelda finds herself falling for her captor…but is he the killer she’s been hunting all these years?

Icon TOP READ  icon KICKASS  icon alpha  icon hot

Carolyn Crane keeps toping each book with the next! I have a new favorite in the Associates series and it’s Behind the Mask.

One thing I really love about this series is that each book could be read as a stand alone. There’s not an over all building plot to the series and each book as a different couple. So far there’s not be any cameos from pervious couples but there are some the single Associate men can be found in all the books.

Why Is Behind The Mask My New Favorite?

Zelda and Hugo

what i loved

I really loved that Ms. Crane gave us a great balance between the action and romance this time around. I felt likeBehind the Mask was a perfect example of what romantic suspense should be. Neither the romance or the suspense over powered the other element.

The back story that Zelda, Hugo and even Paolo had been just heartbreaking. They all have had a hard life and they came through it stronger and warriors. All three needed help learning what love and family is. They all helped each other find what they were missing and really became a family.

the heat

Zelda and Hugo’s attraction was muy caliente. They were drawn to each other at the beginning by the attraction but as they spent time together it grew into something much more than just action fueled lust. This is going to be corny but they really saw into each other’s souls and I felt it all as I was reading.

the action

The fight scenes made my emotions running on high alert. I felt like I was “watching” an action movie.

WOW seeing Kabakas aka Hugo in action with his blades. Bad. Ass. Think Zorro but hotter and deadlier. But Hugo doesn’t have all the action fun. Zelda might be a retired field agent but she has some moves of her own.

more please!

I’ve burned through Carolyn Crane’s Associates series and now I’m sad that I have to wait for the next one. I hoping for Rio or Dax to be the lead in the next book.

GIVEAWAY

(1) $75.00 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble (winner’s choice & open internationally)

(32)  Digital Copies of either Against the Dark, Off the Edge or Into the Shadows (winner’s choice & open internationally)

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2015/05/behind-the-mask-by-carolyn-crane/#comments