TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

MY FAVORITE SO FAR! INTO THE SHADOWS BY CAROLYN CRANE

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

My Favorite so far!  Into the Shadows by Carolyn CraneInto the Shadows by Carolyn Crane
Series: The Associates #3
Length: 11 hrs
Source: Publisher
four-stars
Amazon | Audiobook | B&N | Goodreads

HE’S WORKING FOR THE GOOD GUYS. THAT DOESN’T MEAN HE’S ONE OF THEM.

HE’S A KILLER.
Thorne McKelvey knows exactly how Nadia sees him—as a brute and a killer just kinky enough to play her sexy games. And that’s how it has to stay. Leaving her was the hardest thing he ever did, but his undercover mission could blow up at any second. No way will he drag Nadia down with him.

SHE CAN’T RISK HER HEART.
Maybe it was foolish to fall in love with her late father’s deadliest henchman, but Nadia Volkov’s not sorry; without Thorne she wouldn’t have their beautiful little boy. There’s nothing she won’t do to protect Benny, which means she must hide his identity—especially from his father.

Now Thorne has burst back into her home, searching for clues to a gangland mystery…and stirring a hunger Nadia hasn’t felt in two years. But Benny’s identity isn’t the only secret she’s keeping, and things are turning deadly. Can Thorne and Nadia trust each other long enough to stay alive and have a chance at happiness?

icon BOOKLOVE  icon well written  icon BADBOY

Bruce Lee. . . Secret Baby. . . Scorpions . . . Into The Shadows Has It All.

bruce lee?

Yeah, he was my least favorite element of Thorne’s story. Apparently Thorne lived and fought by the Bruce Lee code. It was cheesy and got on my nerves pretty quickly. But that’s my only complaint about Into the Shadows, every thing else was great!

secret baby

I don’t feel like I’m spoiling you on this topic since it’s in the book’s summary so don’t give me stink eye for talking about it. I loved this trope used within Thorne and Nadia’s story.

scorpions

I won’t go into what they brought to the story but I will tell you that Thorne has some tattooed on him.

the feels!!

I had so many feelings while reading Into the Shadows. There was hot feelings during the sexy times, there was laughing, there was near tears and there was OMFG did he just do that?!

So Thorne is the bad boy of The Associates group. He doesn’t play well with others and most of that is due to the fact that the others don’t know he’s part of their team. Thorne is in deep undercover where only the leader of the group knows about him working for The Associates.

Thorne has a really crappy childhood and it’s caused him not to trust people and think that he is the lowest of the low. Nadia comes into his life and they fall in love with each other while he is undercover working with her dad. But neither has told the other they love them and things are done and said that break them apart. Two years later they are back in each others lives and they are still in love but some their old issues are still getting in the way of their HEA.

Thorne and Nadia are so touching in their trip to find that HEA. I’ve not rooted for a couple this hard in a long time. And Carolyn Crane’s writing had me on the emotional rollercoaster with them.

The Audio

I listened to the audio through chapter five then I switched over to the ebook of Into the Shadows. Romy Nordlinger has a nice voice and I’m sure I would enjoy her narration on a different story but I couldn’t get into her performance for Into the Shadows. Some narrators are prefect for some genres but not for others and I just feel like Romy wasn’t the right pick for romantic suspense. She wasn’t forceful enough with the male voices for my liking and it kept me from really getting into the story. I kept tuning out the audio.