TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Fractured by Sydney Landon

This book contains sexual abuse, drug/alcohol use, and/or violence.

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

Fractured by Sydney LandonFractured by Sydney Landon
Length: 7 hrs 2 min
Source: Publisher
three-stars
Audiobook | Goodreads
Lucian and Lia attempt to deal with the aftermath of the violent attack on her by her stepfather. As events unfold in their lives, Lia finds that she can no longer be patient with the man that she loves because his secrets are tearing them apart.

Lucian cannot deny the fact that he's fallen in love with the brave and beautiful woman who has lived a life of horror. He wants nothing more than to protect her, but soon realizes that he may be the person who will hurt her the most.

To be together, they'll have to fight demons from their pasts that threaten to destroy them.

icon ADULTSONLY icon AUDIOBOOK Icon INFURIATING icon cliff

Spoilers For Book 1 Ahead.

Even though Pierced didn’t blow me away I had to listen to Fractured because of the cliffhanger ending with Lia being attacked by her step-father and Lucian not knowing if she was going to live or not.

Both Lucian and Lia was worried that the other one would not want the other sexually after Lia’s attack. Lia was afraid Lucian wouldn’t see her as sexy after her she told the police want her step-father did to her. Lucian was concerned Lia wouldn’t want him because she would be distressed at the thought of being with him after her attack.

I was enjoying Fractured until all the sex came into the play. I’m over characters being sexy damaged and yet needing sex all the time. I’ve never been raped or sexually assaulted but I’m pretty sure I would not want sex around the clock just days after an attack.

I can see where Lucian and Lia would need two books to wrap up their issues to get to a HEA but I find them having three books a little contrite. They’ve worked through Lia’s issues by the middle of the book and Lucian’s secret could have been handled in the second half. But now we have an extra issue (or no issue we don’t know yet) thrown in to lead us into a third book. I’m ready to move past Lucian and Lia to their friend’s book (or books). I think I’m going to like Rose and Max.

So as I leave you, I’m on the fence about listening to the 3rd book, Mended.

narration

Fractured continues with switches POVs between Lucian and Lia. The first 1/4 of the Fractured is told through Lucian’s POV due to Lia being in the hospital after the events at the end of Pierced.  Lucy Malone’s performance grew on me after a few chapters when I listened to Pierced but I can easily say that I enjoyed Sean Crisden’s performance the best out of the two narrators.

Over all I enjoyed the dual performances of Sean and Lucy and if I continue’s Lucian and Lia’s journey I’ll do it on audio.

Reading this book contributed to these challenges:

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2015/05/fractured-by-sydney-landon/#comment-124990