TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

READ IT, TRACK IT – SHADOW’S CLAIM BY KRESLEY COLE

Read It, Track It – Shadow’s Claim by Kresley ColeShadow's Claim by Kresley Cole
Series: Immortals After Dark #12.5
Source: Purchased
four-stars
Amazon | Audiobook | B&N | Goodreads
HE WON'T BE DENIED...

Trehan Daciano, known as the Prince of Shadows, has spent his life serving his people—striking in the night, quietly executing any threat to their realm. The coldly disciplined swordsman has never desired anything for himself - until he beholds Bettina, the sheltered ward of two of the Lore’s most fearsome villains.

SHE’S BOUND TO ANOTHER...

Desperate to earn her guardians’ approval after a life-shattering mistake, young Bettina has no choice but to marry whichever suitor prevails—even though she’s lost her heart to another. Yet one lethal competitor, a mysterious cloaked swordsman, invades her dreams, tempting her with forbidden pleasure.

A BATTLE FOR HER BODY AND SOUL

Even if Trehan can survive the punishing contests to claim her as his wife, the true battle for Bettina’s heart is yet to come. And unleashing a millennium’s worth of savage need will either frighten his Bride away - or stoke Bettina’s own desires to a fever pitch....

Icon Read It Track It  Icon TBRPile  icon paranormal  icon AUDIOBOOK

Read It, Track It is a way for me to track books for my reading challenges and they will be super short.

I skipped over Shadow’s Claim to catch up on the IAD series since it was labeled as a “spin-off”. It really should be read/listened to in order with the IAD series. The events happen parallel to the time line of Lothaire. Trehan Daciano is Lothaire’s cousin and we get to see a little of Lothaire and his bride and it was fun to see the couple again.

There is also mention of others from the IAD series, like the main couple in Dark Skye (IAD #14). And the cray cray dark-haired valkyrie, know as the ever knowing.

The team of Cole and Petkoff never fails to bring me out of a PNR listening slump. The writing and performance ofShadow’s Claim was a pure enjoy. I loved visiting this world and old characters again. Plus the addition with new characters was just so fun. I hope to see more of the Dacians.