TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

How The White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back By Diana Rowland

How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back by Diana RowlandHow the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back by Diana Rowland
Series: White Trash Zombie #4
Length: 14 hrs and 21 mins
Source: Purchased
four-stars
Audiobook | Goodreads
It’s zombie versus zombie as the Saberton Corporation declares war against the Zombie Mafia, kidnapping several of their party. It falls to Angel to lead the remnants of her gang halfway across the country to claw their way through corporate intrigue, zombie drugs, and undead trafficking to rescue her friends—and expose the traitor responsible for their abduction...

icon AUDIOBOOK  icon snarky  Icon ZOMBIE

I’ve had How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back on my Audible account since it’s release day. Why has it taken me so long to listen to it? I had ‘meh’ feelings over the last novel, White Trash Zombies ApocalypseI knew I had to be in the right mood to listen and after watching The CW’s new show, iZombie, I was finally in the mood to be back in Angel’s world.

what worked:

• Angel’s signature snark
  • Great secondary characters
  • More understanding about zombie life and what they can do
  • Less Marcus
  • Allison McLemore’s narration
  • More gore (earn it a 4 star vs a 3.5 star rating)
  • Angel’s continuing growth as a character and heroine

what didn’t quite work:

• Slow start had me zoning out so I missed some key info
  • The feel that there might be a new romantic interest for Angel (YAY) but by the end it looks like there might be more Marcus (he’s just not my favorite love interest for Angel)
  • Still not clear on why Saberton and Nicole are after Zombies
  • Confusion (on my part I’m sure since it’s been over a year since I listen to the last one) on some of the female characters. I kept getting them mixed up.

I'll give a listen to the next novel, White Trash Zombie Gone Wild when it's released in October. And on that October release date.... usually the novels are summer releases, I can't help but wonder if the October release is because The Walking Dead returns in October? But I could be reading too much into it. LOL

If you enjoy heavy snark with your braaiins then you should try the White Trash Zombie series, starting with My Life as a White Trash Zombie.

About Diana Rowland

Diana Rowland

Diana Rowland worked as a bartender, a blackjack dealer, a pit boss, a street cop, a detective, a computer forensics specialist, a crime scene investigator, and a morgue assistant, which means that she’s seen a lot of weird crap. She won the marksmanship award in her Police Academy class, has a black belt in Hapkido, has handled numerous dead bodies in various states of decomposition, and can’t rollerblade to save her life.