TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Grrr, Cliffhanger! Pierced By Sydney Landon

This book contains sexual abuse, drug/alcohol use, and/or violence.

Grrr, Cliffhanger! Pierced by Sydney LandonPierced by Sydney Landon
Length: 8 hrs
Source: Publisher
three-half-stars
Amazon | Audiobook | B&N | Goodreads
My name is Lucian Quinn and I own one of the most successful software companies in the world. I’m twenty-nine, rich and single. Impressive right? I’m also a favorite target for every hungry socialite looking to land the uncatchable catch. What these women don’t know though is that I’m completely screwed up and damaged beyond repair. The only part of me I’ll ever willingly give them is the hour it takes to make them scream...several times. Then I saw her...

I’m Lia Adams and I’m in my last year at St. Claire’s University in North Carolina. I grew up with an abusive mother, and a twisted stepfather who was worse...so much worse. I’ll do anything necessary to survive, even work as an escort to help pay for my college expenses. The men that I accompany to various events are mostly harmless and just want an attractive woman on their arm for an evening. It has never gone further than that...until him...

Contains mature themes.

icon cliff  icon AUDIOBOOK  Icon Free Read  icon ADULTSONLY

The Kindle & Nook editions are free at the time of this review.

first thought

Another series about a couple with f’up pasts. BUT Lucian’s is not the kind of past I’ve seen before!

the story

Rich business man hires escort. Young naive college girl is said escort. I know, I know. Not this troupe again. But really it worked once you got past that and the fact that the rich, god-like guy bosses and stalks gal you end up with a twisted and touching story of two people who need each other.

the romance

Lucian has been around but he’s not a total manwhore. Lia is not technically a virgin but she might as well be since her exposure to men is VERY limited. Lucian shows Lia what’s she’s been missing. Their relationship starts out all about the lust but slowly develops into something will ALL THE FEELS. These two have a long and hard road ahead of them and I hope that the love that was starting to show towards the end will blossom and help with the horrific things that are yet to come.

the narration

Pierced switches POVs between Lucian and Lia but most of the story is told through Lia’s POV. Sean Crisden of course performs Lucian’s POV chapters and Lucy Malone performs Lia’s chapters.

I’ve listened to Sean’s work before while listening to some of the Cut & Run books by Abigail Roux. I really enjoy is work on that series but I feel like his narration of Lucian was a little wooden. Maybe because I’m use to hearing him voice Ty and Zane. He’s performance wasn’t bad just not quite sexy enough for Lucian. I thought he did perfect for the other male characters. I think maybe (for me) Sean’s voice sounds a little older than what I picture Lucian sounding. Lucian’s 29 where as Ty and Zane from Cut & Run are late 30s-40s.

Pierced is my first time listening to Lucy Malone. It took me a few chapters to warm up to her but once I did I enjoyed her performance of Lia. She had the right voice to carry off the young and innocence sound of Lia’s character.

Over all I enjoyed the dual performances of Sean and Lucy and will continue’s Lucian and Lia’s journey on audio. Now where’s the audio for book 2, Fractured?! I NEED to know what comes next.

last thought

I wished for a traffic jam on the way home so I could finish this one and BAM, cliffhanger.