TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

3 Reasons To Read Beautiful Bastard & Bitch By Christina Lauren

3 Reasons to Read Beautiful Bastard & Bitch by Christina LaurenBeautiful Bastard | Beautiful Bitch by Christina Lauren
Series: Beautiful Bastard #1 | #1.5
Length: 7 hrs and 39 mins | 3 hrs and 26 mins
Source: Purchased
four-stars
Audiobook | Goodreads
An ambitious intern. A perfectionist executive. And a whole lot of name calling.

Whip-smart, hardworking, and on her way to an MBA, Chloe Mills has only one problem: her boss, Bennett Ryan. He's exacting, blunt, inconsiderate—and completely irresistible. A Beautiful Bastard.

Bennett has returned to Chicago from France to take a vital role in his family's massive media business. He never expected that the assistant who'd been helping him from abroad was the gorgeous, innocently provocative—completely infuriating—creature he now has to see every day. Despite the rumors, he's never been one for a workplace hookup. But Chloe's so tempting he's willing to bend the rules—or outright smash them—if it means he can have her. All over the office.

As their appetites for one another increase to a breaking point, Bennett and Chloe must decide exactly what they're willing to lose in order to win each other.

icon AUDIOBOOK  icon smart funny  icon SEXY  icon refreshing

3 REASONS TO READ BEAUTIFUL BASTARD

1. no millionaire / billionaire

Bennett and his family are well off and yeah they might be in the millionaire neighbor or at least their marketing company is but it never comes up. And I was grateful for it.

2. no torched hero / heroine

Neither Chloe or Bennett has a torched childhood or a f’d up romantic pass. Nothing wrong with that kind of troupe but I liked that it wasn’t present here.

3. real life angst

The angst between Chloe and Bennett was plan and simple. He was her boss and she was afraid that people in the business would see her in a negative light if their relationship got out.

All three of these reasons were very refreshing. You get all the sexy times with less drama and a real romance between real people.

Swoon-worthy Quote:

The air conditioner turned on with a rattle and then a steady drone. After he caught his breath, Bennett rolled off me, dragging his hand across my sweaty back. “Chloe?”

“Mmm?”

“I want more than just this.” His voice was so think and heavy. I wasn’t actually sure he was awake.

I froze, my thoughts exploding in a chaotic mess. “What did you just say?”

He opened his eyes, with apparent effort, and looked at me. “I want to be with you.”

Lifting myself on an elbow, I stared down at him, completely unable to pull a single word out of my brain.

“So sleepy.” He eyes rolled closed and he threw a heavy arm around me, pulling me down onto him.

“Baby, come here.” he pressed his face into my neck and mumbled, “It’s okay if you don’t want it too. I’ll take anything you’ll give me. Just let me stay here until the morning, okay?”

Picking up where Beautiful Bastard left off, Chloe Mills and Bennett Ryan continue their steamy, combative relationship.

Just when Chloe’s career starts to take off, Bennett wishes it would all slow down long enough to spend a wild night alone with his girlfriend. But after he refuses to take no for an answer, Chloe and Bennett find themselves with two plane tickets, one French Villa, and a surprising conversation that, predictably, leaves them wrestling under the covers.

3 REASONS TO READ BEAUTIFUL BITCH

1. see above reasons for bastard

2. more chloe & bennett

Beautiful Bitch reads as extra chapters and epilogue for Beautiful Bastard, especially since I listened to it after finishing up BB.

3. seeing what comes after hea

I enjoyed seeing where Chloe and Bennett were after their HEA in BB and how they continue to keep the heat in their relationship.

NARRATION

Grace Grant narrated all of Beautiful Bastard and Chloe’s POV in Beautiful Bitch. She did a great job with Chloe and a pretty good job with the male voices. She truly performed the stories, not just read them. She made me feel the emotions of the characters while I listened.

Kirby Heybourne narrated Bennett’s POV in Beautiful Bitch. He did a good job with Bennett. But I really loved his British accent for Max.