TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

FULL OF SEXUAL TENSION AND SUSPENSE. ONE KISS MORE BY MANDY BAXTER

I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

Full of Sexual Tension and Suspense. One Kiss More by Mandy BaxterOne Kiss More by Mandy Baxter
Series: U.S. Marshals #2
Published by Zebra on 02-24-2015
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense
Format: eARC
Source: NetGalley
four-stars
Amazon | B&N | Goodreads
Emma Ruiz knows her father is innocent. But that doesn’t help her convince the law—not even smoking hot U.S. Marshal Landon McCabe. When McCabe bangs on her door demanding information about how her cancer-stricken father escaped from federal prison, she’ll have to distract him somehow—it may as well be with a stolen kiss.

Landon gets why Emma isn’t saying all she knows. What he doesn’t understand is why he’s putting his reputation, his case, and his badge on the line for a gorgeous person of interest. Much as he’d love to, he can’t let Emma play him. The stakes are higher than either of them can guess. The only way to survive is to trust their instincts. But their instincts want more than one kiss…

icon ARCREVIEW icon hot Icon SUSPENSE
Mandy Baxter continues to bring strong characters, clever plot lines and the right amount of heat and suspense in her U.S. Marshals series. And the sophomore novel, ONE KISS MORE is a welcomed edition.

Her brain went fuzzy as his mouth moved over hers, his lips firm and demanding. She hadn’t expected him to answer to her kiss, but holy crap, he wasn’t holding anything back. He shifted his weight against her, pushing her flush against the wall. His free hand wound around the back of her neck, his mouth parted, and his tongue flicked out at her bottom lip. Talk about the mother of all backfires.

In ONE KISS MORE we follow the lives of Emma and Landon. They first meet about six years ago when Landon was the rookie on the case that put Emma’s father in prison. Over the six years Emma has been trying to prove that her father is innocent. She’s gotten what she needs but at a high price.

Landon hasn’t been able to get the sexy Emma out of his mind since first meeting her all those years ago. Now he is thrown back into her life while working a case to find her escaped father. Landon thought that Emma was lovely back then, she’s downright breath-taking now.

ONE KISS MORE is full of suspense that surrounds Emma and Landon working together to find her father. It’s also overflowing with sexual tension and fun banter.

“McCabe . . . I . . .” …. “I know this situation didn’t turn out the way you wanted, but-“

“Landon.”

Emma’s brow furrowed. “What?”

He leaned in closer and Emma inhaled deeply taking his scent into her lungs. “My name. Is Landon. Not McCabe. Not Deputy. Landon. Say it.”

Emma tried to swallow and found that her mouth had gone completely dry. The sensual undercurrent of his voice dizzied and addled her, made her excited and deliciously drunk all at the same time. “I . . .” ….

“Say it.”

“Landon.” ….

He put his mouth next to her ear, and Emma held her arms tight at her sides to keep from reaching out to touch him.

“Again.”

“Landon.”

After finishing, I need ONE MORE (see what I did there) book in the series. Luckily I won’t have to wait too long for the next installment since the next one, ONE TOUCH MORE is slated to release in October.

Review originally posted at RomanceatRandom.com