TheBookNympho

Length: 11 hrs and 14 mins
Source: Purchased
four-stars
Audiobook | Goodreads
Everyone fears the Master...
Rich, irresistible politician/Mafiya boss Maksimilian Sevastyan prefers tall, obedient blondes to fulfill his…complicated desires. That is, until the icy Russian encounters a disobedient brunette whose exquisite little body threatens his legendary restraint.

Except her.
Catarina Marín was a well-off young wife until her world fell apart. Now she’s hiding out, forced to start working as an escort in Miami. Her very first client is beyond gorgeous, but when he tells her what he plans to do to her, Cat almost walks out of the door.

If pleasure is a game, play to win.
After their mind-blowing encounter burns out of control, the lovers crave more. If they escape the deadly threats surrounding them, can Maksim overcome his past—to offer Cat his future? Only then will she tempt him with what he really wants: her, all tied up with a bow.

icon ADULTSONLY  icon AUDIOBOOK  icon hot  icon kinky

first thought

Whether it’s YA, Paranormal Romance or Erotica Romance, Kresley Cole never fails to bring her A game. I’ve come to expect 100% Guarantee satisfaction when it has the name Cole attached to it.

the plot

Pretty Woman, Kresley Cole style.

Catarina (Cat) is down on her luck and on the run from her husband. She never stays in one place longer than six months. Why? because her husband, Edwards wants to kill her.

Maksimilian is a million/billionaire (depending on how the market is doing that day) Russian mob boss and brother to Aleksandr (hero from book 1, The Professional). Mak is not quite as scary as Aleksandr but he can still command a room and is feared.

Now here comes the Pretty Woman part. Cat and Mak meet when she comes to his hotel room (ah the penthouse FLOOR! not room) to be his escort for the night. Cat is not a career girl, she’s filling in for her friend that’s the true escort. Mak is Cat’s first and only client. Her six months in Miami is almost up and she needs some fast cash to get her out-of-town before Edward finds her.

“I requested a tall, slender blonde, at least in her late twenties. Ideally from Europe. Perhaps her substitute could have matched any of my requests.”

Instead he’d gotten me—twenty-two, five feet two inches tall, curvy, brunette. Oh, and one generation away from Cuba. Giving him a fake smile, I teasingly said, “Isn’t variety the spice of life, querido?” Sweetheart.

He wasn’t budging. “You’re not what I ordered.”

“Are you even of legal age?” the Russian grated.

“And then some.” He looked unmoved.

“I can’t change your mind?” When his expression grew even colder, I was glad he was about to kick me out.

In a stern tone, he said, “I never reverse myself on decisions.”

I shrugged. “Okay, your loss.” How confident I sounded! Like a working-girl pro. Relieved, I turned toward the door, sauntering away— I thought I heard him hiss in a breath.

“Perhaps I was . . . hasty,” he said. “Stay for a drink.”

After their first night together they can can’t the other one out of their mind. After being drawn back to each other the couple go through a wild ride both sexually and emotionally.

the sex

Often! And hot. I think there was even more sex in The Master than there was in The Professional. I’m not complaining! Seriously Mak and Cat have dirty, sweaty week marathon within their two weeks together. It ranges from light kinky like spanking to forced orgasm, nipple claps and oh and let’s not forget the chastity belt.

the emotions

The Master is not use a sex filled romp. There’s may emotions involved from lust, love, fear and heartbreak and I felt every one of them while listening. Both Mak and Cat have a sad past and it loved how Cole let their stories unfold through the plot.

the narration

I’ve listened to all of Kresley Cole’s books that are available on audio and she has been blessed by the narrator gods with great narrators. Kimberly Alexis continues to deliver a great performance for the Game Maker series. I love her Russian accents but I had a little problem with her Spanish accent for Cat. There were a few times it seemed to morph into her Russian accent. But as a whole Alexis’ performance was on point and very enjoyable.

take a listen

last thought

I’m so glad that The Master was not released in serial format! Bring on Dimitri’s book and I have all my fingers and toes crossed that his heroine will be Jess!