TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

THE VIRGIN’S GUIDE TO MISBEHAVING BY JESSICA CLARE

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

The Virgin’s Guide to Misbehaving by Jessica ClareThe Virgin's Guide to Misbehaving by Jessica Sims
Series: Bluebonnet #4
Length: 9 hrs and 1 min
Source: Publisher
four-stars
Audiobook | Goodreads
Playing innocent is easy.

After being the quiet, shy girl her whole life, Elise Markham is ready for a mental makeover. She’s done keeping to herself and staying out of trouble—it’s time to break out of her shell and maybe meet someone intriguing in the process. So, on a photography trip to Bluebonnet, she has a whole lot more on her mind than snapping photos, especially when Rome walks into the picture.

Playing dirty is fun.

The newest instructor at Wilderness Survival Expeditions has a colorful past, to say the least. Having come from a family of notorious con artists that destroyed his credit and reputation, all before his eighteenth birthday, Rome just wants a decent job and a quiet life in a town where no one knows his name. He’s exactly the kind of bad boy that an innocent girl like Elise should stay far away from.

But Elise is tired of doing what’s right. She’s ready to throw caution to the wind—and let Rome show her just how exciting being bad can be…

icon AUDIOBOOK icon hot icon ADULTSONLY
THE VIRGIN’S GUIDE TO MISBEHAVING is my favorite in Jessica Clare’s Bluebonnet series! Now with that being said I have to say one negative thing about it. Squirter, that’s right our virgin heroine is a squirter and we had to hear about it. Eew!

Some of you might thing the negative part about the book would be that we had a virgin heroine and I normally would be right there with you. But Elise’s story is a believable one. She’s 24 and very shy. The bullying and cruelty she suffered during her childhood has left deep emotional scars keeping her from wanting to get out there in the dating world. Until she meets the new tattooed up sexy guy in town.

Rome might look like bad boy but he’s one of the sweetest guys around. He hides behind his piercings and tattoos. But then he gets a little pissy when people judges him on how he looks. Rome has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to Elise. He thinks she’s beautiful and is too good for him. He thinks she’s scared of him because of his appearance.

After a rocky start Elise and Rome get stuck together one stormy night and start to actually talk and learn that the other is not what they seem on the outside. Their romance is both hot and sweet. I really enjoyed seeing this couple work through their issues and find their HEA.

Jillian Macie’s narration grew on me over the course of listening to the series. She has sweet and sassy voice that lends itself well to small town romances. I’d give her work another listen in the future.

Sexual Content: Heavy petting scenes following up detailed sex.