TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

A Choice Has Been Made! Cold Hard Secret by Sierra Dean

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

A Choice Has Been Made! Cold Hard Secret by Sierra DeanCold Hard Secret by Sierra Dean
Series: Secret McQueen #7
Published by Samhain on July 1st 2014
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Source: Author
three-half-stars
Amazon | B&N | Goodreads

The Secret’s out, and heads will roll.

Ever since her near-death experience at the hands of the villainous Dr. Kesteral, Secret McQueen hasn’t been the same. As in damaged almost beyond repair. But as usual, Secret has no time to lick her wounds.

Armed to the fangs, she and Desmond embark on a whirlwind quest for revenge that takes them to the sewers of Paris to put an end to Alexandre Peyton. Instead, it’s almost the end of them, and before she can stop him, Peyton rips the veil off her deepest secret.

The devil’s not through muddling up the details, either. An eye-opening confab with Sig in the Big Apple leaves her wondering if she’s ever been in control of her own life at all. Plus, a cryptic postcard sends her racing back to her Manitoba hometown, fearing for her grandmere.

With the Council holding the power of life and death over her head, Secret’s circle of friends is shrinking, while the pool of enemies looking for payback is widening like a pool of her own blood.

Warning: Contains the least romantic Paris getaway in history and an unstoppable hybrid with an impossible choice to make between two men who’ve been to hell and back for her.

KICKASS wellwrittentraingle

This review contains spoilers from earlier books in the series.

When we last left Secret, she was not dealing well with the horrific things that The Doctor did to her in SECRET UNLEASHED. She’s trying to make it look like she is but she’s not fooling anyone. After having The Doctor play with her insides, Secret can’t stand to be touched by people because it throws her back into her time with The Doctor. So both Desmond (her werewolf lover) and Holden (her vampire lover) have been keeping their distance romantically.

Even though Secret killed The Doctor she’s still not safe. She still two enemies out there that wants her dead. Peyton a crazy vampire that’s tried to kill Secret before and Secret’s own mother. It’s hard to say which of the two are crazier. In the first half of  COLD HARD SECRET, Secret tracks down Peyton in Paris and gets closer with that psycho. She should feel better, right? Nope.

The second half of COLD HARD SECRET, Secret is called to Canada to save her Grandmere from her crazy as hell mother, Mercy. While Secret just very kick ass (as usual) the action parts is not what kept me reading this time. It was the emotional parts that have me turning the pages to see what would happen.

I’ve been a fan of Sierra Dean’s Secret McQueen series since reading the short story that started it all, THE SECRET GUIDE TO DATING MONSTERS. And even though this is an urban fantasy series which usually means it’s light on the romance the main focus for me and other readers have been who will Secret pick in her messed up love triangle. Well we get the answer, finally. I was not surprised but I felt bad for the other guy more than I thought I would. Much like Secret I wish she could have kept them both.

I’m a little nervous to read the next and last installment in the series, A SECRET TO DIE FOR. Sierra Dean has warned you need a box of tissues. But I’m off to start it now.

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/12/a-choice-has-been-made-cold-hard-secret-by-sierra-dean/?preview=true&preview_id=15533&preview_nonce=2d9fb7fb8c