TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Review + Giveaway | Queen of Hearts by Kristen Painter

I received this book for free from Nerd Girl Tour in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

Swoon Worthy Gargoyle! Queen of Hearts by Kristen PainterQueen of Hearts by Kristen Painter
Series: Sin City Collectors #2
Published by Kristen Painter on June 25, 2014
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Format: eBook
Pages: 111 pages
Source: Nerd Girl Tour
three-half-stars
Amazon | B&N | Goodreads
Welcome to Las Vegas, home of the Sin City Collectors. The job description is easy: Bring the offending supernatural in to the Boss and don’t ask any questions.

Feline shifter Claudette Marchon traded life as a showgirl to become a Sin City Collector, giving up the glamour to earn some serious cash in order to buy her own business. Mission accomplished, she now runs a pawn shop specializing in gems and jewelry.

Life is good until a Collection job requiring her specific skill set lures her back in. The Queen of Hearts, a museum-worthy ruby and diamond necklace has been stolen from the Boss’s private collection and she’s his last hope to do what two other Collectors have already failed to do. Bring in the necklace. And the thief.

But gargoyle Jason Tennant isn’t quite the dangerous criminal Claudette expects. In fact, he’s not a thief at all. He’s former Special Ops and being set up by the real mastermind, forcing her to decide between the man she’s falling for and the man she works for. Proving Jason innocent may risk the Boss’s wrath, but Claudette’s heart says it’s a gamble worth taking.

What’s Collected in Vegas, stays in Vegas...

SWOON  wellwritten  ebook
I’m no stranger to Kristen Painter’s work. She writes one hell of a great urban fantasy series with outstanding world building. I can now say that she writes paranormal romance just as well.

I like that the novellas in the Sin City Collectors series is loosely collected which means each novella can easily be read as a stand alone. So you could start with QUEEN OF HEARTS (but I recommend you read ACES WILD too).

I have limited experience with gargoyles so I was excited that the hero in QUEEN OF HEARTS is a sexy alpha made of stone with a heart of gold. Jason is all alpha but he’s not afraid to let Claudette take the lead when they work together taking down the bad guy. And even though we didn’t get to see any smexy times between the couple I just know that Jason wouldn’t mind letting Claudette take charge in the bedroom too.

Claudette is a strong and beautiful feline shifter that’s semi-retired from the SCC. She’s called in to work a collection and meets Jason who is the person she’s sent to collect. But after she meets Jason and gets to know him, Claudette knows there’s more going on.

The romance between Claudette and Jason is full of sexual tension and borders on sweet. Kristen Painter reels you in and leaves you wanting more. I can’t wait to read more in the Sin City Collectors series. Next up for me is DEAD MAN’S HAND. I have to find out more about the wraith, Ares that we meet in QUEEN OF HEARTS. Then I’m move on to Amanda Carlson’s novella ANTE UP.

About Kristen Painter

Kristen-Painter

A little about me: I’m a former college English teacher, but I’ve held a crazy mix of other jobs including maitre’d for Wolfgang Puck, personal trainer, and sales for Christian Dior Bijoux. On the writing side of things, I’m a two-time Golden Heart finalist and have been on the board of three different RWA chapters. What can I say? I like getting involved. I’m not adverse to bossing people around either.

I have a *slight* shoe addiction and occasionally indulge in an unnecessary handbag. Hah! That was a joke. There is no such thing as an unnecessary handbag. I love make up and jewelry and spa days. Yes, I’m a girly girl. But don’t think that makes me weak. I can (and do) kill off characters with the best of them. Speaking of which…

My forays into writing have been as varied as the jobs I’ve held. I’ve written poetry, articles for magazines, short stories, paranormal romances (that include fantasy, contemporary and steampunk genres) and now I’ve found a home with urban fantasy. I love worldbuilding and few genres give you the kind of license urban fantasy does.

I’m also the co-founder of the award-winning writer’s site Romancedivas.com.

I live in FL with my retired Air Force husband and a horde of feline dependents. I’m represented by The Knight Agency.

KP_anner_2 BIG

ENTER TO WIN!!!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Join The Sin City Collectors Facebook Page And Keep Up With News & Releases!

Facebook-Logo