TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Talking Between Reads (TBR): Audio Book Rentals

TBR Talking Between Reads (TBR) is a weekly discussion post where we talk about different topics from books to blogging and anything else we think you guys might enjoy. Stop by on Mondays for new topics.

Audio Book Rentals

There's so many services out there for renting ebooks: Kindle Unlimited, Scribd, Oyster, etc. Which I say why not use your library system for free? True not all library systems have a great selection. I was looking around my usual audio book sites and landed on Downpour.com and found out they have audio rentals.

Much like renting ebooks, I say again why rent? Sure you get them at a discounted price but you don't get to keep them.

Using ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE as an example you would save $9.01 if you rent instead of buying. Yes that's a nice savings but you don't get to keep the audio. But if I'm honest, out of the TONS of audios I own I would only re-listen to a few of them. Just like all the ebooks I own. This service would be great for people that want to try audio books out and don't have the access to a great selection at their library. While this program is not for me*, it may be just the thing for you.

Scribd now has audiobooks.

$8.99 a month (they are offering 3 month FREE right now) of unlimited ebooks and audiobooks. I browse the audio selection and here are a few romance/fantasy authors that are available in audiobooks.

Again many of the audios I was interested in I can get at my library for free but if your library selection is not great these services might work for you.

Would you rent an audio book?

Source: http://wp.me/p3GvSV-3Pw