TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Great Start to a New Shifter Series! Seven Years by Dannika Dark

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

Great Start to a New Shifter Series! Seven Years by Dannika DarkSeven Years by Dannika Dark
Series: Seven #1
Narrator: Nicole Poole
Published by Tantor Audio on 11 hrs and 24 mins
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Format: Audiobook
Source: Publisher
three-half-stars
Amazon | Audiobook | B&N | Goodreads
It's been seven years since Lexi Knight lost her brother in a tragic accident. On the anniversary of his death, her brother's best friend shows up unexpectedly--a man she hasn't seen since the funeral. He is no longer the boy Lexi once knew, but a dangerous-looking man with tattoos and dark secrets. He broke her trust and abandoned her family, yet what he reveals makes it impossible to stay angry. Lexi has been secretly infatuated with Austin since childhood, so finding out he's a Shifter just makes him sexier. Dammit.

Austin Cole has returned to the city where he grew up, and just in time. He's lived a hard life these past seven years, and the shadows of his past are threatening to destroy Lexi's family. It's time that she learned the truth about her brother, but there is a shocking twist that Austin never saw coming. Now he must protect her family when her mother and sister wind up in mortal danger. Will Lexi learn to accept the truth about who he is, and can Austin salvage a relationship from the ruins of their past?

AUDIOBOOK  alpha  howlinggood
SEVEN YEARS is my first Dannika Dark book and my first time listening to narrator, Nicole Poole. Both were happy firsts.

Nicole Poole instantly reminded me of one of my favorite narrators, Xe Sands. Nicole delivered SEVEN YEARS in a very pleasurable way. If I had to pick something about her narration that could have been better, it would be her male voices. I would have liked the male voices to be a bit huskier but other than that Nicole’s performance was really good.

Dannkia Dark wrote some fun, sexy and relatable characters in Austin and Lexi. I’m a sucker for a romance where the couple is brought together for a second chance at love. Lexi is the little sister to Austin’s best friend and seven years after the death of Lexi’s brother and Austin leaving town, he’s back and Lexi is all grown up.

SEVEN YEARS is a great balance between sexy and sweet romance with just the right amount of paranormal to make any paranormal romance reader happy. I can’t wait for the next book, SIX MONTHS to be released on audio.