TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Another Hit from the Golden Team! Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews

Another Hit from the Golden Team! Burn for Me by Ilona AndrewsBurn for Me by Ilona Andrews
Series: Hidden Legacy #1
Length: 12 hrs and 45 mins
Source: Gift
five-stars
Audiobook | Goodreads
Nevada Baylor is faced with the most challenging case of her detective career—a suicide mission to bring in a suspect in a volatile case. Nevada isn’t sure she has the chops. Her quarry is a Prime, the highest rank of magic user, who can set anyone and anything on fire.

Then she’s kidnapped by Connor “Mad” Rogan—a darkly tempting billionaire with equally devastating powers. Torn between wanting to run or surrender to their overwhelming attraction, Nevada must join forces with Rogan to stay alive.

Rogan’s after the same target, so he needs Nevada. But she’s getting under his skin, making him care about someone other than himself for a change. And, as Rogan has learned, love can be as perilous as death, especially in the magic world.

AUDIOBOOK 2014 smartfunny magical

There was little doubt that I would enjoy BURN FOR ME. Why? Let me count the reasons.

1. Ilona Andrews wrote it.

Team of Ilona and Gordon Andrews writes some of the best Urban Fantasy out there! Their writing is imaginative with complex world building, strong heroines and yummy alpha males. And just plain fun to get lost in.

2. Renée Raudman is the narrator.

Renée narrates all of Andrews’ books (so far) and she’s the reason I didn’t read the eARC. I had to wait for the audio. Renée is the cherry on top of the hot, gooey goodness that is Andrews’ writing.

3. Great Characters

Like I said above, the heroines and heroes are always fun within an Ilona Andrews’ world. But they don’t stop there, the secondary characters are just as great. And BURN FOR ME is no different. Two that really stick out was Nevada’s Grandma and mother. These are two funny women.

4. See #1

Ilona Andrews is on the top of my auto buy authors. They could write an instruction manual for how to put together a vacuum cleaner and I’d buy and read it.

BURN FOR ME is an excellent start to the Hidden Legacy series and I can’t wait for book 2!

To find out more and read and excerpt about this new world check out Ilona Andrews’ Hidden Legacy site.

About Ilona Andrews

Ilona Andrews

Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better grade. (Gordon is still sore about that.)

Gordon and Ilona currently reside in Oregon with their two children, three dogs and a cat. They have co-authored two series, the bestselling urban fantasy of Kate Daniels and romantic urban fantasy of The Edge.